|«|| The 4-five is a polymer-based semi-automatic pistol named for using .45 ammunition. The reliability and accuracy are the most appraised features of this weapon. This weapon is favored by firing drill competitors because of an eleven round magazine and the available collimator sight.|
The 4-five is a polymer framed, semi-automatic handgun chambered to fire the .45 ACP round.
It loads from 11 round magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 380 m/s. The 4-five supports having the MRD red dot sight that is designed exclusively for use on it, and can be mounted onto the nub just above the hammer. Along with muzzle attachments, the 4-five also has an underbarrel rail that supports being fitted with a flashlight.
The 4-five is classed as a heavy pistol, and is often favoured for use by NATO officers and special forces due to the greater stopping power of its .45 ACP cartridge compared to NATO's standard-issue sidearm, which fires less hard-hitting 9 mm ammunition.
The primary downsides to the 4-five stem from its usage of the .45 ACP round, which has a lower velocity compared to the 9 mm cartridge used by the P07. This also means that the 4-five is heavier to carry while also having a much smaller magazine capacity (11 rounds versus the P07's 16 or 30 round magazines).
- The 4-five is based on the real-world "FNX-45" handgun designed by FNH USA, an American division of the Belgium-based arms company FN Herstal.
- Oddly enough, the in-game counterpart can only load 11-round magazines despite its real-world version being capable of using either 15- or 10-round magazines.
- The model itself appears to also have been ported for use in "DayZ", another title designed by Bohemia Interactive where it is called by its real-life manufacturer name as the "FNX45".
- The 4-five was not initially included on ArmA 3's release. It would only be added with the release of the campaign's first episode as part of Game Update 1.04.
- Initially, the 4-five could only accept a muzzle suppressor and the MRD optic. The ability to attach a pistol flashlight on its underbarrel rail was eventually added with the release of Game Update 1.70.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
|NATO - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 • PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|