|Faction|| - AAF|
|Type||Infantry Fighting Vehicle|
|Seats|| 11 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed|| 100 km/h on land
11 km/h in water
|Fuel capacity||45 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Secondary:
- Troop transport
- Fire support
|«|| The AFV-4 Gorgon is an amphibious 8x8 all--wheel-drive armored personal carrier, used to carry soldiers to the battlefield and provide fire support. Its remote controlled CTWS turret is usually mounted with a 30mm cannon, coaxial machine gun and 2 guided AT missiles. Crew consists of a driver and gunner/commander, with further seating available for 9 additional soldiers.|
The Gorgon is an 8x8 armoured combat vehicle that uses an inverted V-shape hull. It is designed to transport troops into battle and to provide fire support against a variety of ground threats.
It is fitted with a 30 mm cannon that is capable of firing both high-explosive and armour-piercing rounds at ranges of up to 1,500 metres. In addition to its primary cannon and 6.5 mm coaxial machine gun, the Gorgon has two anti-tank guided missiles that are capable of defeating or at least disabling heavily armoured vehicles, allowing it to assume (albeit limited) a tank destroyer role if necessary.
The standard loadout of the Gorgon gives it 140 rounds of multi-purpose (MP-T) explosive rounds and 60 armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (APFSDS-T) shells for the main gun. The coaxial machine gun comes pre-loaded with a single linked belt of 1,000 rounds of 6.5 mm ammunition, while the adjacent launcher pod has 2 infrared-guided Titan anti-tank missiles stored in it.
It is fairly well-armoured and can protect the crew and its passengers from both small arms fire, moderately-sized explosives and land mines. Just like its wheeled NATO and CSAT counterparts, the Gorgon is fully amphibious and can conduct water-based landings or extractions.
The drawbacks to the Gorgon's design mainly stem from its large hull. It has the highest turret profile of all the wheeled APCs/IFVs, is disadvantaged by having an exposed turret (a flaw shared with the BTR-K) that renders it vulnerable to being disabled from machine gun fire or grenades, has somewhat poor handling while off-road and finally, has a slow turn rate.
Nonetheless, the Gorgon is well suited to serve in both APC and IFV roles, making it useful in any situation due to its multi-role capabilities.
The Gorgon has a seating capacity of eleven personnel including the crew. The crew includes the driver, gunner and commander.
- Digital Green: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern used by all AAF vehicles and aircraft. Suited to forested and grassy environments, but otherwise useless in arid and desert terrain.
- Guerrilla 01*: Olive green paint scheme with tan line stripes. Has a graffiti slogan written on the right side of the hull that says "FREEDOM OR DEATH" in Altian.
- Guerrilla 02*: Tan paint scheme with black line stripes.
- Guerrilla 03*: Olive green paint scheme with black line stripes.
(*) The guerrilla camouflage schemes are exclusively used by government loyalist-operated Gorgons only.
- The Gorgon is based off the real-world 8x8 variant of the "Pandur II" APC.
- Despite the Field Manual stating that the Gorgon can transport nine passengers in its rear compartment, it is only actually capable of transporting eight at a time.
- Unused textures still present in the game files indicate that during the pre-Alpha phase of ArmA 3's development, the Gorgon was originally meant to be a NATO vehicle instead.
- Unlike the Strider however, the alternate texture cannot be applied to the Gorgon without use of the setObjectTexture scripting command.
See also Edit
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration Edit
|AAF - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Strider • AFV-4 Gorgon • Quadbike • UGV Stomper • Zamak|
|Tracked||FV-720 Mora • MBT-52 Kuma|
|Rotor-wing||AR-2 Darter • AL-6 Pelican • CH-49 Mohawk • WY-55 Hellcat|
|Fixed-wing||A-143 Buzzard • A-149 Gryphon • K40 Abalil-3|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||