|«|| The AK-12 is a modern assault rifle designed to replace the legendary AK-74 as the general issue weapon for the Russian army. The weapon introduces many improvements over its predecessors: better recoil control, suitable for various ammunition types, compatibility with several accessories, and better ergonomics. This particular version is chambered in 7.62x39 mm, so it trades a bit of accuracy for a bigger punch and better penetration.|
|AK-12 7.62 mm|
|Faction|| - Syndikat|
The AK-12 is a gas operated, selective-fire assault rifle with a long stroke piston. It is chambered to fire the 7.62×39 mm round.
It loads from the same 30 round curved magazines used by its older counterpart the AKM, and has a variable rate of fire that ranges from 600 rounds per minute up to 1,000 rounds on burst mode. The AK-12 has a muzzle velocity of 730 m/s, and can accept accessories on all three of its rails; top, side, and underbarrel. It also supports being fitted with muzzle attachments.
When it comes to maintaining a balance between performance and handling, the AK-12 is by far one of the better assault rifles to use in ArmA 3. It has very little drawbacks aside from its weight, and because it is chambered to fire the largest calibre out of all the other assault rifles in its class, it has the highest damage output out of them all.
Meanwhile, its high accuracy (its dispersion is identical to that of the baseline MX) and low recoil makes it quite easy to maintain zeroing on a target.
In a similar fashion to the Navid machine gun, the AK-12 also has a unique two-round burst mode that has a significantly higher rate of fire than its semi- and fully-automatic modes. The AK-12 will almost always be able to kill an unarmoured infantry target in close quarters if both shots hit.
AK-12 GL Edit
|AK-12 GL 7.62 mm|
|Faction|| - Syndikat|
|Type||Assault Rifle / UGL|
|Caliber||7.62×39 mm / 40 mm|
|30 / 1|
The AK-12 GL is simply a modified version of the baseline AK-12 rifle that has an underbarrel grenade launcher attached to it. Like its parent, it is also chambered to fire the same 7.62×39 mm round, while the grenade launcher can fire 40 mm grenades.
It loads from the same 30 round curved magazines and is virtually identical in terms of stats and handling. The sole difference is that the AK-12 GL cannot mount accessories onto its underbarrel rail due to the presence of its underbarrel grenade launcher. The GP-25 UGL uses a conventional notched quadrant sight that can be zeroed up to a maximum range of 400 m.
- The AK-12 is based its real-life counterpart of the same name. The real "AK-12" is the latest iteration of the AK-series of Russian-made assault rifles designed by Kalashnikov Concern.
- More specifically, it is based on the 7.62 mm-chambered "AK-15" variant.
- The model in-game is typically the failed prototype model of the AK-12/15 that was based on the AK-200.
- The underbarrel GP-25 is also based after its real-world counterpart of the same name.
- Its appearance is somewhat anachronistic as real AK-12's are designed with lugs meant to fit the newer "GP-34", a modernised variant of the GP-25 currently in use by the Russian Armed Forces.
- The in-game GP-25 is oddly chambered to launch the same 40 mm NATO-standard grenade rounds universally shared by all the factions (which would not be able to fit in the GP-25). The launcher itself is also clearly modelled with a VOG-25 40 mm grenade inside the tube.
- Despite being modelled with matte black composite resin magazines, the AK-12 can use the same steel magazines used by the AKM and does not change appearance to reflect this.
- On release, the 7.62 mm ammunition shared by both the AK-12/AKM (specifically the AK-12 itself) had an extremely high level of penetration that was almost on par with weapons chambered with machine gun/sniper rifle calibres. This was later refactored with the release of Game Update 1.64, which lowered the AK-12's muzzle velocity and corrected the ballistics model of the 7.62 mm round, reducing its uncannily high penetration capability.
- It is one of the few weapons in ArmA 3 to be called by their real-life manufacturer names in-game.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
|Syndikat - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||PM 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Apex DLC|