ArmA 2 Edit
|«|| The AKM is an upgraded version of the infamous AK-47 rifle developed in the 1950s. AKM is the most wide-spread variant of entire AK series. Compared to the AK-47, the AKM is more highly optimized for mass production. As the result the weight is reduced by 1kg, accuracy is significantly higher and the reliability is greatly increased.|
|Faction|| - ChDKZ|
- Takistani Rebels
- Takistani Militia
The AKM is a 7.62 mm assault rifle that is primarily used by both ChDKZ insurgents and NAPA guerrillas, as well as in limited numbers with Takistani anti-government rebels/pro-government militia groups in ArmA 2.
The AKM is a Russian-made gas operated assault rifle developed in the 1950's that is chambered to fire the 7.62×39 mm round.
It loads from 30 round curved steel magazines and can achieve a rate of fire of up to 600 rounds per minute. The AKM lacks the ability to mount accessories and does not come in any variation that has optical sights or muzzle attachments.
The AKM has very good stopping power and range for a weapon of its class, but is generally inferior when it comes to recoil management and accuracy as opposed to its 5.45 mm counterpart, which limits the AKM's range to roughly 400 metres or less. In addition, its front sight post is also quite small and less ergonomic to aim with.
- The AKM is a modernised version of the original "AK-47" assault rifle that was first made in 1949. The main difference is that the AKM was designed to be lighter and more accurate than the AK-47.
ArmA 3 Edit
|«|| The AKM gas-operated assault rifle with a rotating bolt is a modernized version of the older AK-47. Its improvements over the AK-47 made mass manufacturing simpler, but also decreased the weight, and increased accuracy, of the weapon. The gun's exceptional wear and corrosion resistance has been preserved.|
|AKM 7.62 mm|
|Faction|| - Syndikat|
The AKM is a gas operated assault rifle that is chambered to fire the 7.62×39 mm round.
It loads from 30 round curved steel magazines (shared with the AK-12) and can attain a rate of fire of up to 600 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 715 m/s. Like its ArmA 2 counterpart, the ArmA 3 AKM lacks the ability to mount accessories and cannot be fitted with muzzle attachments.
Designed to be a low-tech counterpart to the AK-12, the AKM is (slightly) lighter than its latest generation model and hits just as hard due to being chambered in 7.62 mm.
Although it can be zeroed up to 800 metres, the effective range of the AKM is roughly 400 metres because it has very high dispersion. But in practice, its real effective range is actually just 250 metres or less due to its difficult-to-use ironsights, which makes it ill-suited for use outside of close-medium range engagements.
- The AKM is based on its real-life counterpart of the same name.
- The model itself appears to be an upgraded port of the "AKM" assault rifle from DayZ, another title designed by Bohemia Interactive.
- There is an unused variant of the AKM both in the game files and as a hidden weapon (Model name: AKM_flashlight_F, Classname: arifle_AKM_FL_F). Based on its appearance and the way it is configured, it is a variant of the baseline AKM that has an integrated flashlight attached beneath its barrel.
- It is one of the few weapons in ArmA 3 to be called by their real-life manufacturer names in-game.
- Prior to the release of the Tac-Ops DLC, the AKM was exclusively a Syndikat-only weapon. It was later changed with the release of the DLC's first scenario, Beyond Hope, which showed the weapon in use by both government loyalists (the predecessors of the modern-day FIA) and AAF-allied paramilitary groups as well.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- AK-12 (Modern Syndikat counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Sa-58V/Sa-58P (Alternate ACR counterpart, ArmA 2: OA only)
- AK-47 (Outdated Nogovan Partisans counterpart, ArmA: CWA only)
|ChDKZ - Armory (ArmA 2)|
|Handguns||Makarov 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||AK-74 5.45 mm (AK-74 GP-25, AKS-74, AKS-74U) • AKM 7.62 mm • AKS 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||CZ 550 9.3 mm • SVD Dragunov 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||RPK-74 5.45 mm|
|Machine guns||PKM 7.62 mm|
|Launchers||RPG-7V • Strela-2 9K32|
|Static||AGS-30 • D-30 • DShKM • Podnos 2B14 • SPG-9 • ZU-23|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
|Syndikat - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||PM 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Apex DLC|