|«|| The ASP-1 Kir is a special purpose weapon. This semi-automatic rifle is unique thanks to the built-in silencer and ammunition it uses. The special 12.7x54 mm subsonic round can penetrate heavy body armor at 100 m. Kir is a devastating weapon at short ranges but above 200 m it very quickly loses efficiency.|
|ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm|
|Type||Marksman Rifle / SPW|
The ASP-1 Kir is a semi-automatic, integrally-suppressed special sniper rifle chambered to fire the subsonic 12.7×54 mm round.
It loads from 10 round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of just 290 m/s. It accepts accessories on all three of its rails: top, side, underbarrel, but cannot be fitted with any muzzle attachments as it uses an integrated suppressor.
The ASP-1 is primarily used by CSAT recon teams for covert operations that require a discreet short-ranged marksman weapon. It is exceptionally powerful especially for a suppressed weapon, and can be used to take out even heavily armoured infantry in one to two shots (albeit at close ranges only). It is most effective when paired with the DMS optic, as it is the only scope that can be ranged down to 100 metres.
However, it should be noted that the ASP-1 is not a true DMR or sniper weapon. It should not be used to engage targets more than 150 metres away as the subsonic round's power drops-off very quickly the further it travels. In addition, the extremely wide trajectory of the round's ballistic model makes it almost impossible to attack long range targets with.
- Black: Matte black paint finish.
- Tan: Tan paint finish.
Capabilities EditThe following image document contains real calculations from ballistic calculator, sublimed in range table for the ASP-1 Kir. The assumed parameters for the bullet are combined from the average of the real VKS round with the one ASP-1 employs (for example, the VKS bullet speed counts 290 m/s, and the ASP-1 is 300m/s, etc). The real-world round's weight is between 59 and 76 grams (here we assume weight of 49 grams and slightly higher C1 ballistic coefficient of 1.05, from the standard model called STs-130 used for the VKS rifle system). Since there is not much information about this rifle system and it is used in the Russian military as special-purpose, the very same information may be regarded as classified.
It is noticable that the wind effects on this type of bullet does not have much impact, since the weight of the round is higher and the distance of action is lower (not only that we tested on wind speeds around 1-1.5 m/s but it wouldn't have also impact with wind speeds of 4-10 m/s stronger winds). In the table one can also notice the drop in bullet's energy fast in short range (50-100 metres), which means efficiency drops highly on higher ranges than 200-250 metres. One can also engage on distances higher than 250 metres (up to 300-400 metres), however the aiming will be impaired and the probability of efficient hit is much lower.
The recommended scope for this rifle is either the AMS, DMS or even the MOS. The AMS is based on GAP reticle system which counts in MRADs and is intended for middle-distance engagements. The actual system of calculation according to the scope in the table is based on real-world "US Optics" mil-scale GAP scope, which is very similar to the AMS.
The zeroing distance is 100 metres and the step up distance is calculated to 20 metres (since the bullet drops at faster rate). For distances shorter than 100 metres and engaging enemies at closer range, the AMS scope contains reflex sight alternative that can be effectively used.
The advantage of this rifle system is that because it uses subsonic ammo, this greatly minimises the probability of detection during engagement. The recommended distance to use this weapon system is around 150-200 metres, but it can also be used at ranges in excess of 300-400 metres (requires extensive practice for use against moving targets). The bullet's speed drops rapidly, and the time for the bullet to travel increases in milliseconds. The rifle is very powerful and can be used to hit targets through obstacles.
- The following figures represent the total range variable statistics for the 12.7×54 mm round and the settings that should be used in-game.
- However, if one prefers to perfect the shot maximally and target the enemies in the eyes - a combination of this range card info plus the AtragMX and Kestrel devices should be employed.
- It is strongly recommended to avoid using optics with fixed zeroing such as the ACO, RCO, and the MRCO because these optics are not flexible with what this rifle requires. For close range combat it can be used with iron sights or red dot/reflex sights.
- Long range scopes are also not suitable for use on the Kir. Another factor that should be taken into consideration is that the Kir can be wielded very efficiently without any optics, and can be effectively used with only laser sights for use in close quarters combat when there is low visibility.
- The Kir is based on a combination of two real-world Russian weapons; both the "VKS" and "VSS Vintorez" sniper rifles.
- The ballistics model of its 12.7 mm round is largely identical to the real "12.7×55mm STs-130" round used by the former, while the design of the stock and overall weapon layout are inspired by the latter.
- Prior to its official release, the ASP-1 Kir was previously known as the "AKINA". Curiously enough, it was shown to be a NATO weapon before being changed to become a CSAT-exclusive weapon.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
|CSAT - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|