ArmA 2's Army of the Czech Republic DLC adds the Czech military and many new weapons, vehicles, gear, a campaign, and two standalone terrains in the form of Bystrica and Bukovina. It was released on September 12th, 2012.
|«|| Civil war in Bystrica is at its end. But it’s not the end of fear for the people. War criminals like Colonel Miyovic still terrorize the country with their militia looting and murdering civilians. Forces of the Czech Republic Army are sent to restore order.|
After restoring some order in Takistan; Allied forces were able to send in a small number of provisional reconstruction teams. Unfortunately local insurgents are still planning operations to damage the reconstruction process. However Czech forces are operating in the area and that should help change the status quo.
Set in the aftermath of the Operation Arrowhead and Crimson Lance/Black Gauntlet campaigns, Silver Lion follows the story of Bohuslav Kouba, a Czech soldier deployed to both regions as part of a counterinsurgency operation.
The two new terrains; Bystrica and Bukovina, are based on real-world locations in the Czech Republic (which were also used as inspiration for the development of Chernarus as well). A "cut out" portion of the Takistan terrain has also been included with the DLC for use in the campaign.
While a few weapons and vehicles are reused from the Operation Arrowhead expansion pack, many more newer and unique ones are included as part of the DLC. Several new backpacks, both retextured and new, have been added specifically for use by Czech forces.
ACR does not require the base version of ArmA 2, but does require the Operation Arrowhead expansion (either as the standalone or Combined Operations version) updated to at least Patch 1.62 in order to function.
- Dingo 2 CZ infantry mobility vehicle
- L-39C jet trainer/light attack jet
- RM-70 wheeled self-propelled rocket artillery vehicle
- T-72M4 CZ main battle tank
- BVP-1 tracked infantry fighting vehicle
- L-159 ALCA light attack jet
- RBS-70 static anti-aircraft missile turret
- T810 wheeled utility truck
- Pandur II 8x8 CZ wheeled infantry fighting vehicle
- Army of the Czech Republic was the final DLC to be developed for ArmA 2.
- Unlike the British Armed Forces and Private Military Company DLCs, ACR was not included as part of the Reinforcements bundle that was released shortly after both were available for purchase.
- It is however, available in the Complete Collection pack that includes all three DLCs and both the base game/expansion.
- For owners of the Reinforcements bundle who lack the ACR DLC but still wish to play missions (either singleplayer or online) which use content from the DLC, a separate patch can be downloaded for free from the official ArmA 2 website for multiplayer compatibility. However, it is merely a "Lite" version that has reduced graphical fidelity and compressed audio, and does not provide access to the campaign itself.
See also Edit
|DLC (ArmA 2)|
|Operation Arrowhead • British Armed Forces • Private Military Company • Army of the Czech Republic|