- Troop transport
|«|| An inflatable boat, often nicknamed 'rubber duck', is a lightweight boat constructed from tubes containing pressurized gas. Inflatables typically come in lengths between 2 to 7 meters. Due to their speed, weight and portability, inflatable boats are used in diverse roles such as lifeguard and rescue boats and even more often in the military as landing craft.|
The Assault Boat is a single engine, small inflatable boat that can be used for maritime raids and infiltration, as well as riverine operations. It can also be used for civil purposes where it can serve as a personal recreational watercraft or as a surf lifesaver boat.
Moderately fast for its size, the Assault Boat is good for transporting troops into or out of battle on undefended coastlines. It can also be airlifted via slingloading by all helicopters with the exception of the MH-9.
All passengers are able to fire their own weapons (forward facing only) but the boat itself does not possess any weapon systems. Combined with the lack of armour, the Assault Boat should only ever be deployed into situations where there is no threat of enemy fire since the boat's passengers are completely unprotected.
Regardless of faction, all variants can transport the same amount of passengers. This includes the driver themselves and up to four more passengers who either lay prone on the port and starboard sides of the hull, in front, or crouching in the centre just behind the front passenger.
- Assault Boat: Baseline variant used by all factions except for Altian/Tanoan civilians. With the exception of the driver, all other passengers can utilise FFV while riding on the boat.
- Rescue Boat: Maritime rescue vessel used by all factions including Altian/Tanoan civilians. Functionally identical to the baseline variant but uses a different paint scheme depending on whether it is being operated for military or civil purposes.
All faction variants have access to the same camouflage options:
- Black: Pattern-less black paint scheme used by NATO naval forces.
- Hex: Light/dark grey/tan cell pattern camouflage used by CSAT maritime vessels and divers.
- Digital Grey: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern used by several other AAF aircraft and boats.
- Rescue: Pattern-less bright orange paint scheme used by the lifeboat/rescue counterpart of the baseline variant that all factions have.
- Civilian: Two-tone white/sky blue paint scheme. Used exclusively by civilian-owned variants.
- Though inflatable boats largely share the same appearance and design in some way or another, the Assault Boat appears to be specifically based on the "F470 Combat Rubber Raiding Craft" designed by Zodiac Nautic, a France-based company.
- The CRRC is primarily used by the U.S. Navy, though just like the in-game Assault Boat it is also used for civil and law enforcement purposes as well.