|«|| A bullpup style assault rifle used by CSAT Pacific forces. It works as a common platform for different weapon types: a standard rifle, GL variant with attached grenade launcher, and a light support version with a longer barrel and drum magazine. The CAR-95 uses polymer materials in its construction and fires 5.8×42 mm small-caliber, high-velocity bullets.|
All variants are capable of using any of the following finishes:
- Black: Standard black paint finish.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- The CAR-95 family is based on the "QBZ-95" series of bullpup assault rifles designed by the China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) for use by the People's Liberation Army.
- More specifically, the baseline CAR-95 appears to be based on the "T97NSR-A". The T97 is a modified variant that was designed exclusively for export sales and is chambered to fire 5.56 mm NATO ammunition instead.
- While proprietary prototype variants of the QBZ-95 with integrated flat top rails do exist, none are officially in service with the Chinese military.
- The underbarrel grenade launcher is based on the "QLG-10A" grenade launcher that can often be found mounted to real-life QBZ-95s.
- Unlike its real-life version (which uses non-NATO standard 35 mm grenades instead) it fires the same 40 mm grenades that are universally shared across all of the factions.
- The CAR-95-1 is based on the "QBB-95-1", a modified variant of the baseline QBZ-95 that was designed to be a squad automatic weapon.
- Despite being portrayed as the service weapons of Pacific CSAT forces, the CAR-95 series (along with the CMR-76) use the wrong naming nomenclature, even though other weapons like the Type 115 are designated correctly.
- The correct designation for the CAR-95 series would actually be Type 95-2; the -2 suffix would be to designate that it is a further modernised and improved variant of the existing QBZ-95-1.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- MX (NATO counterpart)
- SPAR-16 (CTRG counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Katiba (Mediterranean CSAT counterpart)
|CSAT Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC|