The CH-49 Mohawk is the AAF's go-to medium-lift transport helicopter.
|Top speed||~330 km/h|
|Service ceiling||~3,000 m|
|Fuel capacity||2000 L|
|«||A successor to the wide-spread Merlin, the CH-49 Mohawk is a primary transport used by the AAF. It can carry up to 16 soldiers plus crew. Besides the transport version, many other versions of the Mohawk exist, serving effectively in evac, anti-submarine warfare, or armed air support roles. Upgrades from its predecessor consist of more powerful engines and construction changes fully utilizing modern materials.||»|
The Mohawk is able to slingload and transport a variety of vehicles and equipment, including:
- Offroads (all variants)
- Quad bikes
- Boats (including assault boats and rescue boats, but not speedboat miniguns)
- Swimmer delivery vehicles (SDVs)
- Supply boxes
- Items in cargo nets (including the Cargo Net (NATO), Cargo Net (Box), and Cargo Net (Barrels))
- Civilian cars and trucks (except the heavy (Zamak) trucks)
The Mohawk is the AAF's only heavy air-lift vehicle, and its lifting capabilities do not match up to the abilities of the Huron and the Taru. For example, the Mohawk is unable to lift any variant of the AAF's MRAP, the Strider. Even though the Strider is amphibious unlike the MRAPs of the other factions, the AAF is nonetheless at a significant disadvantage in heavy lifting options, as the Taru is also unable to transport UGVs, speedboat miniguns, and heavy transport trucks, such as the Zamak Transport.
- As stated in the in-game Field Manual the Mohawk is based off the real-world "AW101 Merlin" helicopter.