20 (2x Gunner, 1x Pilot, 1x Co-Pilot, 16x Passengers)
|«|| A twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter. It is a modernized version of the CH-47 Chinook and its primary role is the transportation of troops, vehicles and cargo. The Huron exists in two variants: the armed variant with two side gunners manning 6.5 mm gatling guns, and the transport version which replaces the gunners with two additional passenger positions.|
The Huron is able to slingload and transport a variety of vehicles and equipment, including:
- Hunters (all variants)
- Prowlers (all variants)
- Offroads (all variants)
- Quad bikes
- UGV Stompers (both variants)
- Boats (including assault boats, speedboat miniguns, and rescue boats)
- Swimmer delivery vehicles (SDVs)
- Huron containers (including fuel, ammo, repair, medical, and cargo containers)
- Supply boxes
- Items in cargo nets (including the Cargo Net (NATO), Cargo Net (Box), and Cargo Net (Barrels))
- Civilian cars and trucks (including the Zamak Transport (Covered), but excluding the Zamak Fuel, Zamak Repair, and the uncovered Zamak Transport)
The Huron's lifting abilities overlap with the vehicle transport Blackfish in regards to Prowlers, quad bikes, offroads, civilian vehicles, and unarmed Hunters. However, the Huron is the only NATO vehicle able to airlift armed Hunters (HMG/GMG), Huron containers, SDVs, and speedboat miniguns. Other NATO helicopters like the Ghost Hawk and Hummingbird can also transport supply boxes and items in cargo nets. Both variants of the Huron (armed and unarmed) appear to have identical lifting capacity.
- As stated in the Field Manual, the Huron is Arma 3's take on a futurised, stealthy variant of the venerable "CH-47 Chinook".
- Like the Ghost Hawk, the side doors cannot be manually opened by the player but can be seen being opened and closed in some showcases. The rear ramp however, can be opened by either the pilot or rear two FFV-enabled passenger seats.
- Besides enabling the rear two passengers to fire out of the helicopter, the ramp's purpose is largely aesthetic and does not prevent passengers from either entering or exiting the Huron regardless of whether it is closed or not.
See also Edit
|Vehicles of ArmA 3|
|Wheeled||AFV-4 Gorgon • AMV-7 Marshall • Hatchback • HEMTT • Hunter • Ifrit • MB 4WD • MSE-3 Marid • Prowler • Qilin • Strider • SUV • Tempest • Truck • Quadbike • UGV Stomper • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • FV-720 Mora • M2A1 Slammer (A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm • MBT-52 Kuma • T-100 Varsuk • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AR-2 Darter • CH-49 Mohawk • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • MQ-12 Falcon • PO-30 Orca • UH-80 Ghost Hawk • V-44X Blackfish • WY-55 Hellcat • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Fixed-wing||A-143 Buzzard • A-149 Gryphon • A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • Caesar BTT • KH-3A Fenghuang • MQ4A Greyhawk • Sentinel • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Motorboat • RHIB • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle • Water scooter|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Helicopters DLC | APEX DLC | Jets DLC|
|NATO - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||AMV-7 Marshall • HEMTT • Hunter • Prowler • Quadbike • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • M2A1 Slammer (M2A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AR-2 Darter • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • MQ-12 Falcon • UH-80 Ghost Hawk • V-44X Blackfish|
|Fixed-wing||A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • MQ4A Greyhawk • Sentinel|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. Helicopters DLC | APEX DLC | Jets DLC|