|«|| Designated marksman rifle of an Eastern origin. It is a gas operated, semi-automatic rifle of a bullpup construction. The housing is made of polymer. The rifle is chambered in 6.5 mm and therefore is most suited to ranges from 500 to 700 meters. The CMR-76 is missing both the sides and the bottom rails but is equipped with a bipod by default.|
|CMR-76 6.5 mm|
|Type||Bullpup Designated Marksman Rifle|
The CMR-76 is a gas operated designated marksman rifle with a short-stroke piston that is chambered to fire caseless 6.5×39 mm ammunition.
It loads from 20 round magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 652 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 980 m/s. Unlike most marksman rifles, it can only mount optical sights onto its top rail and attachments to its muzzle. It cannot attach any flashlights or laser pointers due to lacking a side rail, nor underbarrel accessories since it uses an integrated bipod.
The CMR-76 provides the operator with the ability to provide great sniper fire cover, and can be effectively used to suppress enemies with precision accuracy. It weighs the same as its NATO counterpart but is more accurate at medium-long ranges and has less recoil; the main downsides being that it has a relatively smaller magazine size (20 rounds versus the MXM's 30) and is capable of semi-automatic fire only.
- Black: Standard black paint finish. Primarily used by Pacific CSAT marksmen.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- The CMR-76 is directly based on the real-world "QBU-88" designed by the China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) for use by the People's Liberation Army.
- Prior to Apex's official release, teaser previews showed a large compensator installed on the CMR-76's muzzle. Though the reason is unknown, it was eventually removed by the development team once Apex was near release.
- Although portrayed as the service DMR of Pacific CSAT forces, the CMR-76 (along with the CAR-95 series) uses an incorrect naming nomenclature despite the fact that other weapons like the Type 115 are designated correctly.
- The correct designation for the CMR-76 would actually be Type 88-1 (not to be confused with the real North Korean-made "Type 88" assault rifle used by the Korean People's Army). The -1 suffix would be to designate that it is a further modernised and improved variant of the existing QBU-88.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
|CSAT - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|