|Type||Combat Engineering Vehicle|
|Seats|| 3 seats:
|Top speed||60 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||1885 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Defensive:
|Variants||IFV-6c Panther, IFV-6a Cheetah|
- Ground vehicle repair
- Vehicle munitions rearmament
|«|| The CRV (Combat Recovery Vehicle) variant of the IFV-6 also exists and is used by BLUFOR, designation CRV-6e Bobcat.|
The Bobcat is designed to serve purely as a support vehicle. Nearby friendly vehicles can be repaired, rearmed and refuelled by the Bobcat. For self-defence, the Bobcat is also fitted with an RCWS turret that is armed with a 6.5mm light machine gun, and smoke generators to provide concealment from anti-tank missiles and rockets.
The externally mounted RCWS comes pre-loaded with a single 2,000 round belt of 6.5mm ammunition, and has another spare 2,000 round belt in reserve.
Because it shares the same chassis with its APC and anti-aircraft counterparts, the Bobcat offers the same level of protection against small arms and cannon fire. But this protection is also extended to resistance against explosives and land mines, which allows it to run through minefields to clear the way for other forces while remaining relatively intact.
This resistance is due in large part to the bulldozer shovel attached to the front of the Bobcat, which can trigger pressure-sensitive and magnetic mines early and cause them to explode away from the underbelly of the chassis, thereby minimising the amount of damage that could be caused to the vehicle.
The Bobcat has a seating capacity of just three personnel; the driver, gunner and commander.
- As with its parent vehicle the Bobcat is based on the real-world "Namer" APC, or more specifically a modified prototype variant known as the "Achzaka" ARV.
- In turn, the Achzaka resulted in the creation of the "Namera" ARV which is based on the "Merkava Mark IV" MBT chassis.
- Both the rear crane and anti-mine bulldozer shovel are completely non-functional, though the shovel does provide some resistance against buried land mines (such as AT Mines or M6 SLAMs).
- The Bobcat is currently the only armoured combat engineering vehicle of its kind in ArmA 3.