|Type||Combat Engineering Vehicle|
|Seats|| 3 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||60 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||1885 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Defensive:
|Variants||IFV-6c Panther, IFV-6a Cheetah|
- Ground vehicle repair
- Vehicle munitions rearmament
|«|| The CRV (Combat Recovery Vehicle) variant of the IFV-6 also exists and is used by BLUFOR, designation CRV-6e Bobcat.|
The Bobcat is designed to serve purely as a support vehicle. Nearby friendly vehicles can be repaired, rearmed and refuelled by the Bobcat. For self-defence, the Bobcat is also fitted with an RCWS turret that is armed with a 6.5 mm light machine gun, and smoke generators to provide concealment from anti-tank missiles and rockets.
The externally mounted RCWS comes pre-loaded with a single 2,000 round belt of 6.5 mm ammunition, and has another spare 2,000 round belt in reserve.
But this protection is also extended to resistance against explosives and land mines, which allows it to run through minefields to clear the way for other forces while remaining relatively intact.
This resistance is due in large part to the bulldozer shovel attached to the front of the Bobcat, which can trigger pressure-sensitive and magnetic mines early and cause them to explode away from the underbelly of the chassis, thereby minimising the amount of damage that could be caused to the vehicle.
The Bobcat has a seating capacity of just three personnel; the driver, gunner and commander.
- As with its parent vehicle the Bobcat is based on the real-world "Namer" APC, or more specifically a modified prototype variant known as the "Achzaka" ARV.
- In turn, the Achzaka resulted in the creation of the "Namera" ARV which is based on the "Merkava Mark IV" MBT chassis.
- Both the rear crane and anti-mine bulldozer shovel are completely non-functional in normal gameplay, though the shovel can be animated via scripting and does provide some resistance against buried land mines (such as AT Mines or M6 SLAMs).
- The capabilities of the bulldozer shovel are demonstrated in both the Armed Assault showcase and Remnants of War campaign, with the Bobcat being used to push away vehicle wrecks in both situations and detonating a cluster of anti-personnel mines.
- The Bobcat is currently the only armoured combat engineering vehicle of its kind in ArmA 3.
|NATO - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||AMV-7 Marshall • HEMTT • Hunter • Prowler • Quadbike • Rhino MGS (UP) • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • M2A1 Slammer (M2A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AL-6 Pelican • AR-2 Darter • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • MQ-12 Falcon • UH-80 Ghost Hawk|
|Fixed-wing||A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • MQ4A Greyhawk • UCAV Sentinel • V-44X Blackfish|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC|