|Type||Infantry Fighting Vehicle|
|Seats|| 10 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||76 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||60 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Coaxial:
- Troop transport
- Fire support
|«|| The FV-720 Mora is an infantry fighting vehicle used by the AAF. They were bought by the AAF from British Armed Forces and reconditioned to serve two more decades. The Mora is armed with a 30mm cannon and a coaxial machine gun, providing not only competent carrying capacity but also reliable fire support.|
The Mora is an armoured vehicle used to transport infantry squads into combat under protection, and to provide fire support once troops have disembarked.
It is fitted with a 30 mm cannon that is capable of firing both high-explosive and armour-piercing rounds at ranges of up to 1,500 metres against light-medium armoured vehicles. A secondary 7.62 mm coaxial medium machine gun is also fitted alongside the cannon for use in lieu of the cannon against infantry.
The standard loadout of the Mora gives it 280 rounds of multi-purpose (MP-T) explosive rounds and 120 armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (APFSDS-T) shells for the main gun. Each munition type feeds from 140- and 60-round "magazines" for MP and APFSDS shells (respectively). The coaxial MMG on the other hand, feeds from a single 200-round belt and has a further 7 belts in reserve.
In contrast to both its NATO and CSAT counterparts, the Mora serves as more of a compromise between the two designs; it lacks the ATGM launcher of the BTR-K (and the AAF's own wheeled IFV counterpart), and is less well armoured while having overall poorer mobility compared to the Panther.
In addition, the Mora transports one less passenger as it only has a seating capacity of ten personnel including the crew.
Regardless of these drawbacks, the Mora works well under most circumstances as it is still better armoured than the Gorgon. This enables it to survive relatively unscathed in situations where direct combat would be unavoidable, and would otherwise result in a total loss or severe damage to a Gorgon instead.
The Mora has a seating capacity of ten personnel including the crew. The crew includes the driver, gunner and commander.
- Digital Green: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern used by all AAF vehicles and aircraft. Suited to forested and grassy environments, but otherwise useless in arid and desert terrain.
- Digital Green (Desert Camo Net):* Identical to the standard Digital Green camouflage pattern but changes any applied camo nets to use a two-tone desert camouflage scheme.
- Digital Green (Jungle Camo Net):* Also identical to the baseline Digital Green camouflage pattern, but changes any applied camo nets to use a two-tone woodland camouflage scheme instead.
(*) Changes are only visible if the Mora has the Camo Net component attached to it.
- Slat Cage (Hull): Attaches slat cages around the entire hull except for the turret. Slat cages will protect the Mora from non-AP munitions but can be destroyed after multiple hits.
- Slat Cage (Turret): Identical to the Hull slat cages but are attached to the turret instead.
- Camo Net (Hull): Drapes some of hull (sides and rear) with camouflage netting. Note that the turret itself is not covered. Partially conceals covered sections from thermal sensors.
- Camo Net (Turret): Identical to the Hull camo nets but for the turret only. Components such as the commander's optics, barrel, and the top of the turret are not concealed.
- The Mora is based on the real-world "FV510 Warrior" IFV manufactured by BAE Systems.
- "Mora" is an ancient Greek term for a Spartan military unit of that is usually comprised of heavy infantry.
- The Mora was not initially available on ArmA 3's release. It would not be included into the game until the release of Game Update 1.08 , whereupon it was added as part of the AAF Reinforcements Pack.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
- IFV-6c Panther (NATO counterpart)
- BTR-K Kamysh (CSAT counterpart)
- FV510 Warrior (British Army predecessor, ArmA 2: BAF only)
|AAF - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Strider • AFV-4 Gorgon • Quadbike • UGV Stomper • Zamak (MLR)|
|Tracked||AWC Nyx • FV-720 Mora • MBT-52 Kuma|
|Rotor-wing||AR-2 Darter • AL-6 Pelican • CH-49 Mohawk • WY-55 Hellcat|
|Fixed-wing||A-143 Buzzard • A-149 Gryphon • K40 Abalil-3|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC|