|«|| The Gepard GM6 Lynx is a semi-automatic anti-material rifle using Russian 12.7x108 mm ammo. Its purpose is to stop or disable targets such as light armored vehicles, light shelters and helicopters from 600 - 800 m range. Due to its weight and portability, it is good for parachute, airmoble, and territorial troops. The barrel recoil technology brings the recoil of the GM6 below the recoil of other rifles in the same category. The weapon is highly accurate and effective up to a range of 1500 m.|
|GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Faction|| - CSAT|
|Type||Anti-Material Sniper Rifle|
|Caliber||12.7×108 mm Russian|
The GM6 Lynx is a semi-automatic, long-recoil operated anti-materiel rifle that is chambered to fire the 12.7×108 mm round.
It loads from 5 round box magazines and can attain a rate of fire of up to 150 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 820 m/s. It only has a top rail for mounting optical sights and cannot be fitted with other kinds of accessories or muzzle attachments. It also has a folding bipod fixed to the centre of the barrel.
The GM6 provides the operator with the ability to provide both rapid and accurate sniper fire from ranges of 1,600 up to a maximum of 2,000 metres. Unlike its NATO counterpart, it can also be loaded to fire Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot (APDS) ammunition which is highly effective against MRAPs and lightly armoured APCs. Even heavy vehicles with exposed components such as optics or wheels can be disabled by using this ammunition against them.
While it is significantly less accurate than the M320 LRR when it comes to long range engagements, the GM6 makes up for it by using the more hard-hitting 12.7 mm round that has better penetration against most targets.
However, it should also be noted that the GM6 is rather bulky to carry and being a sniper rifle, is naturally ill-suited for use in close quarters combat. Its magazines are also slightly heavier to carry while having 2 less rounds per magazine in comparison to the M320.
- Grey: Standard matte grey paint scheme. Used by AAF snipers.
- Camo: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern. Used by Mediterranean CSAT snipers.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam camouflage pattern. Used by Pacific CSAT snipers.
- The GM6 Lynx is based on its real-world counterpart of the same name designed by Hungary-based firearms company SERO Engineering Ltd.
- The GM6's model has an unused proxy for mounting side rail accessories. Because the weapon is not configured to do so by default however, the user cannot fit laser sights or flashlights onto the GM6 despite side rails being depicted on the model itself.
- Initially, the GM6 Lynx was only available in a grey paint finish. The Marksmen DLC's release added an alternate variant with an Arid Hexacam camouflage scheme, while the Green Hex variant would not be included until the Apex DLC was released.
- It is one of the few weapons in ArmA 3 to be called by their real-life manufacturer names.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- M320 LRR (NATO counterpart)
- AS50 (British Army/ION counterpart, ArmA 2: BAF/ArmA 2: PMC only)
- KSVK (Russian Armed Forces/Takistani Army counterpart, ArmA 2/ArmA 2: OA only)
|CSAT - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|
|AAF - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Submachine guns||PDW2000 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SDAR 5.56 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 • PCML • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Tanks DLC|