|Type||Heavy Tactical Truck|
|Seats|| All variants: 2 seats:
Transport variants: 18 seats:
Medical variant: 17 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||83 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||45 L|
|Variants||Standard, Ammo, Cargo, Fuel, Medical, Repair, Transport, Transport (Covered)|
The HEMTT (full name: Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck) is NATO's primary logistics transport vehicle.
- Troop transport
- Munitions transport
- Ground vehicle repair
- Vehicle munitions rearmament
- Medical support
|«|| The Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck is an 8x8 diesel-powered off-road truck. It servers as a standard heavy transport vehicle for BLUFOR armies. There are several versions covering the basic transport functions: cargo, refuel, medical, repair, and ammo resupply.|
The HEMTT is an eight-wheel drive tactical truck that can be used to transport/heal soldiers, and repair, refuel and rearm vehicles.
Aside from the standalone trailer-less tractor unit variant, there are seven more configurations that the HEMTT can be outfitted into. These include cargo, fuel tanker, and medical transport variants.
The HEMTT performs decently on and off-road but handles rather poorly at high speeds; not to mention the risk of rollovers when turning on sharp corners as it requires a large amount of space to turn itself even at slow speeds.
And as is to be expected from a vehicle designed purely to operate in a support role, it completely lacks any means to defend itself. Furthermore, although the cab can resist a limited amount of small arms fire, it is still minimally armoured and should not be seen at the front line except when rearming or refuelling friendly forces.
Regardless of the variant, the HEMTT always has at least two seats to fit a driver and a single passenger in the cab of the tractor.
- HEMTT: Baseline variant. This is the standalone tractor unit that has no trailer attached to it. Has no other capabilities other than transporting a single passenger and the driver themselves.
- HEMTT Transport: Troop transport. It has an extended, open-top cargo body fitted behind the cab that can transport up to sixteen passengers. The rear two positions are FFV-enabled.
- HEMTT Transport (Covered): Troop transport. It is identical feature-wise to the regular Transport variant. The sole difference is that the cargo body section is covered with a tarpaulin that can hide troops from view (note that the tarpaulin does not provide ballistic protection).
- HEMTT Box: Has a large container box that can store supplies attached to the cargo body trailer behind the cab. Contains the same amount of seats as the baseline variant.
- HEMTT Repair: Has a large container box with spare parts, tools, and components that can repair nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Visually identical to the Box variant and contains the same amount of seats as the baseline variant.
- HEMTT Ammo: Has a large semi-hexagon shaped, tarpaulin-covered, ammunition supply container fixed to the cargo body trailer behind the cab. It can re-arm nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Contains the same amount of seats as the baseline variant.
- HEMTT Fuel: Has a large fuel tanker attached to the flatbed trailer behind the cab. It can refuel nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Contains the same amount of seats as the baseline variant.
- HEMTT Medical: Medical support/transport variant. Its benches and litters have enough space for up to fifteen wounded soldiers (not including the cab driver/passenger). Unlike the regular transport variants, the two rear passenger seats do not have FFV-capability.
- The HEMTT is based after its real-life counterpart, the Oshkosh M977, that is currently used by the U.S. military and several other nations.
- It has been nicknamed as the "Dragon Wagon" by personnel within the U.S. Army.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
|NATO - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||AMV-7 Marshall • HEMTT • Hunter • Prowler • Quadbike • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • M2A1 Slammer (M2A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AL-6 Pelican • AR-2 Darter • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • MQ-12 Falcon • UH-80 Ghost Hawk|
|Fixed-wing||A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • MQ4A Greyhawk • UCAV Sentinel • V-44X Blackfish|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||