Holosights are a type of non-magnifying weapon optics.
ArmA 2 Edit
|Faction|| - USMC|
- U.S. Army
- British Army
|Zeroing range||100-200 m|
|Variants||Variable; dependent on weapon and faction|
Holographic Sights are featured in ArmA 2 and its expansions.
Such weapons were usually named with a 'Holo' or 'HWS' suffix at the end of their display name to signify that they were fitted with holographic sights. All holosight models used a simple red 2-Dot Ring reticle.
As a result, their usefulness typically falls off rapidly for longer ranged engagements at distances of 200 m and beyond.
- Black: Matte black paint finish.
- Tan: Desert tan paint finish.
- Desert: Desert camouflage spraypaint.
- Woodland: Woodland camouflage spraypaint.
- Holosights in ArmA 2 and its expansions feature various holographic weapon sights made by EOTech.
ArmA 3 Edit
|Zeroing range|| Standard variants:
|Variants||Mk17 Holosight, Mk17 Holosight SMG|
The Mk17 Holosight is a non-magnifying holographic sight featured in ArmA 3.
With the implementation of the dynamic weapon attachment system in ArmA 3, the Mk17 Holosight was introduced and serves as an alternative to the ACO, where it is commonly attached to carbines such as the MXC.
- Mk17 Holosight: Standard variant. Has a fixed zeroing range set to 200 m. It uses a red 2-Dot Ring reticle.
- Mk17 Holosight SMG: Close quarters combat variant with a fixed zeroing of 100 m range. Unlike the standard variant, it uses a red Cross-Dot reticle instead.
- Sand: Standard desert sand paint finish.
- Black: Matte black finish.
- Khaki: Light khaki green paint finish.
- The Holosight in ArmA 3 is based on the real-life "Model XPS3" holographic weapon sight made by EOTech.
Optical sights of comparable role and configuration
- CCO (BLUFOR red dot counterpart, ArmA 2 only)
- Kobra (OPFOR collimator counterpart, ArmA 2 only)
- ACO (Collimator counterpart, ArmA 3 only)
|Weapon attachments of ArmA 3|
|Collimators||ACO • MRD • Yorris J2|
|Holographic sights||Mk17 Holosight|
|Riflescopes||ARCO • ERCO • MRCO • RCO|
|Sniper scopes||AMS • DMS • Kahlia • LRPS • MOS|
|Thermal/Night vision||TWS (MG) • Nightstalker • NVS|
|Aiming devices||IR laser pointer|
|Suppressors||Sound Suppressor (6.5 mm) (.338 / .45 ACP / 5.56 mm / 5.8 mm / 7.62 mm / 9 mm / 9.3 mm)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC ||