|«|| Fight in the sky with brand new air-superiority jets and use advanced targeting systems to shoot down the enemy. The Arma 3 Jets DLC will feature three new fighter jets, a new Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, new Steam Achievements, and more. The Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update introducing a sensor overhaul to enhance targeting, an improved fixed-wing damage model by extending the number of hitpoints and damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, various other jet-related improvements, plus the CVN-83 "USS Freedom" Aircraft Carrier as free bonus content for everyone who owns Arma 3.|
Official DLC Description
Part of the Jets DLC (available regardless of owning it) includes an overhaul to the existing sensor system. This overhaul provides a new radar interface for targeting guided weapons using a mixture of Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology. The Data Link feature has also been added to enable aircraft and ground vehicles to share their sensor data with each other.
Dynamic loadouts are now available for both rotary and fixed-wing aircraft, which enables mission editors to customise the types of armament used on aircraft provided that they have pylons that support it.
Other free additions include the USS Freedom (CVN-83), a static aircraft carrier with a suite of automated defensive turrets, and a Y-32 Xi'an VTOL showcase for players that own the Apex DLC. Several new aircraft carrier-based props are also available for use in the Eden editor.
(*) Denotes premium content that is only available to DLC owners.
(**) Denotes free content included as part of the platform update.
- USS Freedom aircraft carrier**
- To-201 Shikra stealth multirole fighter jet*
- A-149 Gryphon multirole fighter/attack jet*
- This was the first DLC in the ArmA series to have been externally developed in partnership with a third party group (Bravo Zero One Studios).
- The project lead of B01, Joshua Carpenter (aka Saul), was behind the creation of the "F/A-18X Black Wasp" addon. It was one of the entrants in the Addon category for Bohemia Interactive's Make Arma Not War competition and achieved third place amongst the finalists.
See also Edit
|DLC (ArmA 3)|
|Premium||Karts • Helicopters • Marksmen • Apex • Jets • Laws of War • Tac-Ops • Tanks*|
|Free||Zeus • Malden|
|Official Addon||ADR-97 Weapon Pack|
|* denotes unreleased DLC.|