|«|| Fight in the sky with brand new air-superiority jets and use advanced targeting systems to shoot down the enemy. The Arma 3 Jets DLC will feature three new fighter jets, a new Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, new Steam Achievements, and more. The Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update introducing a sensor overhaul to enhance targeting, an improved fixed-wing damage model by extending the number of hitpoints and damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, various other jet-related improvements, plus the CVN-83 "USS Freedom" Aircraft Carrier as free bonus content for everyone who owns Arma 3.|
Official DLC Description
Part of the Jets DLC (available regardless of owning it) includes an overhaul to the existing sensor system. This overhaul provides a new radar interface for targeting guided weapons using a mixture of Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology. The Data Link feature has also been added to enable aircraft and ground vehicles to share their sensor data with each other.
Dynamic loadouts are now available for both rotary and fixed-wing aircraft, which enables mission editors to customise the types of armament used on aircraft provided that they have pylons that support it.
Other free additions include the USS Freedom (CVN-83), a static aircraft carrier with a suite of automated defensive turrets, and a Y-32 Xi'an VTOL showcase for players that own the Apex DLC. Several new aircraft carrier-based props are also available for use in the Eden editor.
The Encore update; included as a major addon as part of the DLC's platform update, also adds the USS Liberty static destroyer ship, and incorporates heavy anti-air systems for both NATO and CSAT. Aircraft loadouts have also been expanded with air-to-ground anti-radiation missiles and bombs for most fixed-wing jets.
Like the main platform update, Encore's additions are completely free for both DLC and non-owners.
(*) Denotes premium content that is only available to DLC owners.
(**) Denotes free content included as part of the platform update.
(***) Denotes additional free content included with the Encore update.
- USS Freedom aircraft carrier**
- Praetorian 1C light AAA system**
- Mk49 Spartan short-ranged SAM launcher**
- Mk21 Centurion medium-ranged SAM launcher**
- USS Liberty destroyer***
- MIM-145 Defender heavy AA system***
- AN/MPQ-105 radar trailer***
- To-201 Shikra stealth multirole fighter jet*
- A-149 Gryphon multirole fighter/attack jet*
- This was the first DLC in the entire series to have been externally developed in partnership with a third party group (Bravo Zero One Studios).
- The project lead of B01, Joshua Carpenter (aka Saul), was behind the creation of the "F/A-18X Black Wasp" addon. It was one of the entrants in the Addon category for Bohemia Interactive's Make Arma Not War competition and achieved third place amongst the finalists.
- The Encore update was released on August 1st, 2018 as part of Game Update 1.84, and was specially made by the B01 team as a free content patch for Jets.
|DLC (ArmA 3)|
|Premium||Karts • Helicopters • Marksmen • Apex • Jets • Laws of War • Tac-Ops • Tanks|
|Free||Zeus • Malden|
|Official Addon||ADR-97 Weapon Pack|
|Entries are listed in order of release from left (oldest) to right (newest).|