|«|| M320 Long Range Rifle is a .408 caliber sniper rifle developed in the United States. The M320 LRR is a bolt-action rifle valued for its accuracy up to 2000 m.|
|M320 LRR .408|
The M320 LRR is a bolt-action sniper rifle that is chambered to fire the .408 Cheetah round.
It loads from 7 round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 50 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 910 m/s. The M320 has a single top rail that can only accept optical sights. It has an integrated bipod located just to the front of the barrel where the shroud is located.
In terms of performance, the M320 completely outmatches every other sniper rifle and machine gun when it comes to both range and precision. When paired with long range optics such as the LRPS, it is entirely possible to engage targets at distances of up to 2,200 metres with pinpoint accuracy; a feat that can be matched by very few vehicle-mounted heavy weapons and even less handheld firearms (other than the SPMG).
Compared to the 12.7 mm round fired by its CSAT counterpart, the M320's .408 Cheetah round has better ballistics that can travel faster and further, though at the cost of some power loss at shorter ranges.
The .408 round also deals extremely high damage, but because the M320 uses a bolt-action operation, it's somewhat difficult to re-engage targets rapidly and causes it to have an extremely low base rate of fire.
- Black: Matte black paint scheme.
- Camo: Spraypaint scheme designed to mimic NATO's MTP uniform camouflage. Used by Mediterranean NATO snipers.
- Tropic: Tropical jungle camouflage. Used by Pacific NATO snipers.
- The M320 is based on the real-world "Intervention" series of sniper rifles designed by CheyTac LLC, an arms manufacturer based in South Carolina, U.S.A (more specifically, it is based on the "M200" variant).
- Likewise, the characteristics of the .408 Cheetah's ballistics model is based off the real ".408 CheyTac" round exclusively used by the Intervention series. The real CheyTac round is noted for its very high accuracy at extreme ranges.
- Like the GM6 Lynx, there is no animation for cycling the M320's bolt.
- However, an unused animation (animation name: GestureFireLRR) complete with an accompanying soundset does exist in the game files. Because there is no native engine-level method for simulating bolt action animations however, these cannot be seen in-game without using scripts.
- Oddly enough, the M320's model has an unused proxy for mounting muzzle attachments. However, because no .408 suppressors are available in-game the M320 cannot be suppressed.
- Initially, the M320 was only available in a black paint finish. The Marksmen DLC's release added an alternate variant with an MTP camouflage scheme, while the Tropic variant would not be included until the Apex DLC was released.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
|NATO - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 • PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|