|«|| The MAR-10 is a powerful marksman weapon used by CTRG forces. This semi-automatic rifle is chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum. With its 66 cm long barrel and 4.4 kg weight, MAR-10 isn't easy to handle, but high power and extreme precision with effective range up to 1700 m compensate it.|
|Faction|| - NATO|
|Caliber||.338 Lapua Magnum|
The MAR-10 is a piston driven, semi-automatic marksman rifle chambered to fire the .338 Lapua Magnum round.
It loads from 10 round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 250 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 915 m/s. It can accept accessories on all three rails; top, side, and underbarrel, and can have attachments mounted onto its muzzle.
In terms of performance, the MAR-10's damage output is somewhat underwhelming at close and medium ranges due to using a smaller-sized cartridge compared to its CSAT counterpart (8.6 mm versus 9.3 mm).
But consequently, the MAR-10 has a better ballistics model as it retains much of its power regardless of distance. This is in contrast to the Cyrus, which suffers from a significant damage drop-off for targets beyond 700 metres.
When it comes to accuracy, the MAR-10 is fairly precise and can be used to take out targets at ranges of up to 1,000 metres with little-to-no dispersion. In that aspect, it is almost on-par (though not exactly the same) with sniper rifles like the M320 LRR, making it perfectly suited for use in sniper engagements as opposed to short range firefights.
- Black: Matte black paint finish.
- Camo: Custom two-tone splinter camouflage pattern inspired by the Arid Dazzle pattern uniforms worn by CTRG. Exclusively used by CTRG Group 14 operators.
- Sand: Desert sand/flat dark earth paint finish. Primarily used by Mediterranean NATO sharpshooters.
- The MAR-10 is based on the real-world "Bad News" rifle designed by Noreen Firearms, an outdoor/sporting goods company based in Montana, U.S.A.
- It is also fitted with a custom-designed stock, and what appears to be a front handguard inspired by the War Sport "LVOA" rifle, complete with a Top Hat compensator.
- Unlike most other sniper rifles and DMRs, the MAR-10 is only capable of semi-automatic fire.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|NATO - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 • PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|