|Type||Armoured Personnel Carrier|
|Seats|| 11 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed|| 96 km/h on land
10 km/h in water
|Fuel capacity||60 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Defensive:
- Troop transport
- Fire support
|«|| The MSE-3 Marid is an amphibious 6-wheeled APC used by the OPFOR army. It's an agile and maneuverable vehicle with a low silhouette and compact size. Its reliability and maintenance costs match the western APCs. It's fitted as standard with an RCWS turret with 40mm GMG and 6.5mm LMG and is able to carry up to 8 soldiers in the cargo space.|
The MSE-3 is a 6x6 armoured personnel carrier that can be adapted to suit many roles, not limited to but including reconnaissance, troop transport, and fire support.
It is fitted with an RCWS turret that is armed with a dual-mount 12.7 mm heavy machine gun and 40 mm automatic grenade launcher.
The turret's HMG feeds from a single 200-round belt of 12.7 mm ammunition and has a further three belts in reserve.
The GMG on the other hand, is pre-loaded with a single 96-round linked belt that has 40 mm grenades fitted with high-explosive (HE) warheads. Unlike the HMG, the GMG only has a single belt that it can reload from.
A relatively compact-sized APC, the MSE-3 serves as the primary battlefield taxi for both Mediterranean and Pacific CSAT forces.
Where it lacks in firepower it makes up for in mobility; it is amphibious-capable, and can ford across water channels while providing suppression for dismounted troops.
A consequence of its enhanced mobility is its protection. Unlike its wheeled counterparts used by both NATO and the AAF, the MSE-3 has the least amount of armour plating.
Even with slat cages fitted to its hull, the MSE-3 stands little chance against anything remotely resembling medium/heavy anti-tank weaponry. Though a few hits from the RPG-7 can be shrugged off, the MAAWS Mk4 and CSAT's own RPG-42 will shred the MSE-3 if it's left exposed to either threat.
At the same time, its RCWS turret suffers from the same issues as the (tracked) IFV-6c Panther; it lacks the same kind of firepower of NATO's Marshall IFV and the AAF's Gorgon which would enable it to tackle threats beyond infantry and other unarmoured soft targets.
While it provides as much protection as a paper hat against anti-vehicle weapons, it is still decently armoured enough to at least be able to protect its crew and passengers from non-large explosives. Small arms fire from calibres of up 12.7 mm can also be resisted, though some sections of the hull remain vulnerable (an example being the rear hatch windows).
The MSE-3 has a seating capacity of eleven personnel including the crew. The crew includes the driver, gunner and commander.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern. Useful for forested, grass plains, and desert environments. Changes any applied camo nets to use a two-tone desert camouflage pattern.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam pattern camouflage. This is used in heavily forested and tropic environments. Attached camo netting will use a two-tone woodland camouflage pattern
- Slat Cage (Hull): Attaches slat cages around the entire hull except for the turret. Slat cages will protect the MSE-3 from non-AP munitions but can be destroyed after multiple hits.
- Camo Net (Hull): Drapes most of the hull in camouflage netting (the turret itself is not covered). Partially conceals covered sections from thermal sensors.
- The Marid is based on the real-world 6x6 variant of the "Arma", a Turkish-made APC designed by Otokar.
- Marid translates to "rebellious" in Arabic, and is often synonymous with demons.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • T-140 Angara (T-140K) • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC|