|«|| The Mk18 Advanced Battle Rifle is a more compact and lightweight evolution of the Mk14 Battle Rifle. The ABR is an ergonomic rifle that can be accessorized and was designed for high accuracy. It's chambered for a 7.62x51 mm cartridge and is typically used in ranges from 600 - 800 m.|
|Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Type||Designated Marksman Rifle|
|Caliber||7.62×51 mm NATO|
The Mk18 ABR is a selective fire, gas operated, rotating bolt battle rifle that is chambered for the 7.62×51 mm NATO round.
It loads from 20 round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 705 rounds per minute on full auto, with a muzzle velocity of 850 m/s. The Mk18 can accepts being mounted with accessories on its top, side and underbarrel rails, and can also be fitted with muzzle attachments.
The Mk18 excels in taking down distant targets and is particularly effective at close-medium ranges. Its main weakness is that it has a low magazine capacity (a problem that all 7.62 mm battle rifles share) and that there is a significant accuracy falloff while using it on full auto.
In contrast to the Mk-I EMR, the Mk18 is lighter to carry (though not nearly as light as its CSAT counterpart). Consequently however, it is far less accurate at longer ranges compared to its NATO counterpart and has a slightly lower effective firing range as a result.
- The Mk18 is based on the real-world American-made "Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR)" designed by Arizona-based company Smith Enterprise Inc. for the U.S. Navy.
- Its name should not be confused with the real "Mk18" series of modified carbines used by the U.S. military (also known as the "Close Quarter Battle Receiver" or CQBR).
- It appears to be Lieutenant James' weapon of choice, as he is consistently seen wielding it throughout both The East Wind and Apex Protocol campaigns.
- Prior to its addition in Game Update 1.04, the Mk18 ABR served as a placeholder DMR for CSAT forces until the Rahim was finally included into the base game.
- Following Game Update 1.06, the ABR was also used by NATO Recon Marksmen as their primary weapon. This was later re-factored with the release of the Marksmen DLC in Game Update 1.42, which reverted them back to using the MXM, making the Mk18 an AAF-exclusive weapon once again.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- Mk-i EMR (NATO counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
- SPAR-17 (CTRG counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Rahim (CSAT counterpart)
- Mk14 (FIA counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
|AAF - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Submachine guns||PDW2000 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SDAR 5.56 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 • PCML • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Tanks DLC|