|«|| The Mk200 is a gas-operated light machine gun based on the Belgian LMG with ergonomical grips, reinforced lock and quick barrel removal system. It fires 6.5x39 mm (caseless) ammunition fed from a belt with a rate of 800 rounds per minute. The Mk200 provides the squad with the accurate and sustained fire-power required to suppress and destroy enemy targets.|
|Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Faction|| - AAF|
|Type||Light Machine Gun / SAW|
|Caliber||6.5×39 mm Caseless|
The Mk200 is a belt fed, gas operated fully-automatic light machine gun that is chambered to fire 6.5×39 mm caseless rounds.
It feeds from 200 round linked belts stored in soft pouches, and has a variable rate of fire ranging from 600 up to 1000 rounds per minute. The Mk200 can accept accessories on its side, top and underbarrel rails, and can fit attachments onto its muzzle.
Compared to its CSAT counterpart, the Mk200 is far lighter to carry while also having a larger magazine capacity (200 rounds versus the Zafir's 150). It also has a much higher muzzle velocity of 920 m/s, while also being better in terms of accuracy over long ranges. Unlike the Zafir, it is is also able to mount a suppressor for stealth missions.
The main drawback to the Mk200 stems from its use of the smaller 6.5 mm cartridge. While this is what makes the Mk200 lighter to carry, it also means that its rounds are relatively less hard-hitting compared to the Zafir's 7.62×54 mm rounds. The other downside is its inability to toggle a semi-automatic fire mode as it is limited to full auto only.
- The Mk200 is based on the "Stoner 99 LMG" designed by the Knight's Armament Company (KAC) based in Florida, U.S.A.
- The Stoner 99 was initially offered as a replacement for the venerable "M249 SAW" LMG that is currently still in service (in limited numbers) with both the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. While it was rejected by the U.S. military, it was accepted for service by the Danish Armed Forces and is also used in limited numbers by several private military companies.
- It is also partially based on AAI Corporation's prototype LMG that was initially designed for the U.S. military's Lightweight Small Arms Technologies (LSAT) initiative (now succeeded by the Cased Telescoped Small Arms Systems program).
- While AAI's prototype was chambered to fire 5.56/7.62 mm caseless/cased telescopic ammunition instead of the Mk200's 6.5 mm, the concept design between the two is very similar.
- Before the release of the Beta and the inclusion of the Zafir, it initially served as a placeholder LMG for CSAT forces during the Alpha.
- Prior to the release of the Marksmen DLC, the Mk200 featured an integrated grip pod. This was later removed as the weapon was re-factored to accept regular bipods on its underbarrel rail instead.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- MX SW (NATO counterpart)
- SPAR-16S (CTRG counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Zafir (Mediterranean CSAT counterpart)
- CAR-95-1 (Pacific CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- LIM-85 (Syndikat/Loyalist counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- M249 SAW (USMC/U.S. Army counterpart, ArmA 2/ArmA 2: OA only)
|AAF - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Submachine guns||PDW2000 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SDAR 5.56 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 • PCML • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Tanks DLC|
|Government Loyalists - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm • Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL) • TRG-21 5.56 mm (TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM)|
|Designated marksmen rifles||Mk14 7.62 mm • Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm • Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||RPG-7 • RPG-42|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC|
|FIA - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm • TRG-21 5.56 mm (TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM)|
|Designated marksmen rifles||Mk14 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 • RPG-42|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Tanks DLC|