|Type||Thermal/Night Vision Scope|
|Zeroing range||100-1000 m|
The Nightstalker is a unique multi-vision scope exclusively used by CSAT forces.
It has the same magnification strength range of regular TWS optics (4x-10x), but is capable of switching between four modes of operation; "normal" day vision, night vision, orange-hot thermal, and red-hot thermal. It also has an integrated laser rangefinder, and has a backup collimator sight for use in close quarters combat. It is only available in a chrome black finish.
One other unique capability of the Nightstalker is that it is capable of identifying targets for the user. When a valid object (such as a man-sized target) is aimed at, brackets will be displayed on the scope's reticle to notify the user that they are "locked" onto a target.
Because of its diverse capabilities, it is multi-role and is suitable for use on either short range weapons like assault rifles (such as the CAR-95), medium range weapons (designated marksman rifles like the Rahim), or even long range weapons such as the GM6 Lynx sniper rifle.
- Like its night vision-only counterpart the NVS, the Nightstalker is a completely fictional design.
- Hybrid scopes that are both night vision and thermal-capable do exist but are not as common as dedicated infrared or night vision scopes due to their prohibitively higher cost-per-unit, size, and weight.
- Although indirectly similar, the Nightstalker's closest real-life equivalent would be the optical scopes designed by BAE Systems for the U.S. military's ENVG III/Family of Weapon Sights - Individual program.
- The Nightstalker shares the same model with the NVS. The only difference between the two is the lack of a top mount collimator sight on the NVS and the chrome black finish on the Nightstalker.
See also Edit
Optical sights of comparable role and configuration Edit
- TWS (NATO/CSAT/AAF thermal-only counterpart)
- TWS MG (NATO/CSAT/AAF machine gun thermal-only counterpart)
- NVS (NATO/CSAT/AAF night vision-only counterpart)
|Weapon attachments of ArmA 3|
|Collimators||ACO • MRD • Yorris J2|
|Holographic sights||Mk17 Holosight|
|Riflescopes||ARCO • ERCO • MRCO • RCO|
|Sniper scopes||AMS • DMS • Kahlia • LRPS • MOS|
|Thermal/Night vision||TWS (MG) • Nightstalker • NVS|
|Aiming devices||IR laser pointer|
|Suppressors||Sound Suppressor (6.5 mm) (.338 / .45 ACP / 5.56 mm / 5.8 mm / 7.62 mm / 9 mm / 9.3 mm)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC ||