|Faction|| - ChDKZ|
- Takistani Rebels
|Seats|| All variants: 2 seats:
Armed variants: 3 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max:
|Top speed||~ 108 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||100 L|
|Primary armament|| DShKM Loadout:
|Variants||Unarmed, DShKM, SPG-9|
- Civilian transportation
- Armed scout
- Fire support
|«|| This car is a very popular offroad vehicle serving in the military and civilian sectors worldwide.|
The ArmA 2 Offroad is a two-door, four-wheel drive pickup truck.
It is available in two armed variants which have either a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun or 73 mm recoilless rifle mounted onto a turret in the rear bed of the vehicle.
The baseline unarmed model, used only by civilians, is also available in up to three variants; each are identical to the other performance/capability-wise and only have different paint schemes applied.
Well-known for its durability, the Offroad is a common sight throughout the Chernarussian countryside due to its combination of ruggedness, off-road speed, and rough terrain capability.
It's quite similar in many ways to the older Pickup both performance and role-wise, and also has a limited number of seats for riders (the Offroad only supports a single passenger).
The main difference between the two vehicles however, is that the Offroad supports heavier weaponry in the form of HMGs and recoilless rifles, which makes it the better armed scout vehicle out of the two.
While slower than the Pickup, the Offroad nonetheless handles quite well on most terrain.
The Offroad does have a slightly higher centre of gravity compared to its older counterpart however, so it's quite prone to rollovers when being driven on steep terrain at high speeds. Especially if the surface is particularly rocky or unevenly formed.
All variants are only capable of carrying both the driver and a single passenger who sit in the cab alongside them. Armed variants will also support a single gunner who mans the turret in the rear bed of the vehicle.
Baseline armed variant. The rear bed has a DShKM 12.7 mm HMG attached onto the turret which feeds from a single 50-round belt box and has a further five more boxes in reserve (for a total of 300 rounds). Can only transport a single passenger in the cab.
Alternate model that's also armed but uses an SPG-9 73 mm recoilless rifle instead.
The SPG-9 has access to a total of 16 rounds worth of munitions; 8 of which are PG-9N grenades fitted high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warheads while the other 8 are OG-9V high-explosive fragmentation (HE-Frag) instead. Transports the same number of passengers as the DShKM variant.
Unarmed civilian model. Identical in capability to the baseline armed variant but lacks a gunner since it doesn't carry any armament. It also transports the same number of passengers.
Alternate civilian variant. Completely identical to the Tan variant but only uses a pale red paint scheme.
Also identical to the Red variant, but uses a flat white paint scheme with a light brown stripe instead.
- Guerrilla (1-2): Woodland camouflage scheme. Only applied onto armed NAPA Offroads.
- Insurgent: Olive green paint scheme with spraypainted stroke patterns. Used by Chedaki-operated armed Offroads.
- Rebel (1-2): Multiple tone paint scheme with a variety of spraypainted stroke patterns and shapes. Exclusive to Offroads used by Takistani anti-government rebels.
- Tan: Pale tan-coloured paint scheme. A black stripe runs across the vehicle's body.
- Red: Scratched and worn-out pale red paint scheme.
- White: Flat white paint scheme. A light brown stripe runs across the mid-section of the entire vehicle's body.
- The ArmA 2 Offroad is based on the real-world Japanese-made "Hilux" series of pickup trucks designed by the Toyota Motor Corporation.
- The attached spare tire is purely cosmetic and cannot be used to replace any damaged or burst tires in-game.
- For licensing reasons, the rear section's bed door is amusingly labelled with "COYOTA" instead of the TOYOTA wordage seen on real Hilux trucks.
|Faction|| - Civilians|
|Seats|| All variants: 2 seats:
Pickup variant: 6 seats:
Services variant: 4 seats:
Repair variant: 4 seats:
Armed variants: 3 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 4000 kg
|Top speed||~ 200 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||40 L|
|Primary armament|| HMG Loadout only:
AT Loadout only:
|Variants||Standard, Services, Repair, HMG, AT|
- Civilian transportation
- Troop transport
- Ground vehicle repair
- Law enforcement
- Fire support
|«|| The 4x4 pickup by Generic Motors is a perfect choice for farmers and hunters. The durable chassis and powerful engine has been designed to withstand anything from the cratered highways of Central Europe to the rugged terrain of the Mediterranean. The armed version is fitted with a .50 caliber heavy machine gun. It provides the combination of mobility and firepower to many paramilitary and guerilla forces in local conflicts around the globe.|
The Offroad is a rugged, four-wheel drive, all-terrain pickup truck.
It is available in five variants; a baseline unarmed pickup version that is meant to carry passengers only, two vehicle repair versions operated by the FIA and civilian mechanics, and two armed versions that have either a heavy machine gun or recoilless rifle mounted in the rear.
The ArmA 3 Offroad remains mostly similar to its previous generation counterpart and has decent acceleration both on- and off-road, while retaining overall better handling on all kinds of terrain.
As a vehicle intended for civil use, the Offroad is no different to its predecessor and obviously lacks armour plating.
Some variants, particularly those operated by the FIA, even lack passenger doors which means that both the driver and its passengers are equally vulnerable to small arms fire.
Transportation capacity varies depending on the variant, but all of them are able to carry at least a single passenger who sits alongside the driver in the front section.
Baseline variant with no additional features other than the ability to carry up to four passengers in the rear section.
All positions (except for the passenger seat next to the driver) can utilise FFV; the front two sitting in the open cargo body need to stand up in order to fire their weapons. They are able to rest their weapons on the Offroad's roof for better stability as well.
This variant is primarily used by the FIA as their troop transport but is also used by civilians and the Gendarmerie as well (It should be noted that the Gendarmerie variant has a police light bar on top).
Carries spare parts, tools, and components that can repair nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Has two seats in the rear that allows for two additional passengers to be transported.
It always uses a distinct canary yellow paint scheme with custom livery. An amber yellow light bar is placed on top of the roof and can be toggled on and off.
This variant is not utilised by the FIA and is primarily used by civilian airport workers and mechanics only.
Functionally identical to the Services variant bar the different camouflage scheme. This variant is utilised by the FIA exclusively.
Armed version of the Offroad. Using the baseline version as the base, the two main differences are its troop capacity and the .50 cal heavy machine gun fitted to the rear section. Unlike the Services/Repair variants, it can only transport the gunner, the driver, and a passenger.
The M2 heavy machine gun comes pre-loaded with a single 100 round belt box of .50 cal ammunition, and has up to 300 rounds worth of belt boxes in reserve (totalling up to 400 rounds). This variant is only utilised by the FIA.
Identical to the HMG variant but is armed with an SPG-9 73 mm recoilless rifle instead.
The SPG-9 has access to either 12 PG-9N high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) or 8 OG-9VM high-explosive (HE) rounds. Transports the same number of passengers as the HMG variant.
- Red: Pattern-less red paint scheme.
- Beige: Pattern-less beige paint scheme.
- White: Pattern-less flat white paint scheme.
- Blue: Pattern-less dark blue paint scheme.
- Dark Red: Pattern-less dark red paint scheme.
- Blue (Custom): Two-tone paint scheme with a dark blue chassis/body, pearl white rear section, and bumper that has custom livery.
- Guerrilla (1-12): Multiple tone paint scheme with a variety of line and stroke patterns. Used exclusively by FIA Offroads only.
- Services: Canary yellow paint scheme used by civilian repair services. Has additional livery in the form of ISLAND PORT AUTHORITY lettering written on the doors and black/bright green coloured stripes.
- Gendarmerie: Single tone paint scheme with a white stripe and GENDARMERIE signage. Only used by Gendarmerie-operated Offroads.
- IDAP: Flat white paint scheme with additional livery in the form of IDAP logos and signage. Used exclusively by IDAP aid workers.
- The Offroad in ArmA 3 appears to be based on the 4x4 variant of the Isuzu "D-Max".
- Although it would seem appropriate for them to have, the Syndikat do not utilise standard variants of the Offroad bar ones stolen from the Gendarmerie. This is due to the MB 4WD being a more abundant choice of vehicular transportation on Tanoa instead.
- The HMG Offroad was initially the only armed variant that was available on ArmA 3's release. The second AT variant was eventually added with the release of the Tanks DLC.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
- MB 4WD (ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Pickup (Civilian/Alternate ChDKZ/NAPA/Takistani Rebel counterpart, ArmA: Armed Assault/ArmA 2 only)
- Military Offroad (Takistani Army/Militia/ACR/British Army counterpart, ArmA 2: OA only)
- UAZ-469 (CDF/Russian Armed Forces/Alternate ChDKZ counterpart, ArmA 2 only)
|FIA - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Offroad • Quadbike • Truck • Van|
|Laws of War DLC|
|NAPA - Vehicles (ArmA 2)|
|Wheeled||BRDM-2 • Offroad • Motorcycle • Pickup • Ural* • V3S|
|Tracked||T-34 • T-72|
|* only the ZU-23 variant is specifically used by NAPA.|
|Takistani Rebels - Vehicles (ArmA 2)|
|Wheeled||BRDM-2 • BTR-40 • Offroad • Pickup • Ural* • V3S|
|Tracked||T-34 • T-55|
|* only the ZU-23 variant is specifically used by the rebels. | Operation Arrowhead|