|«|| The PDW2000 is a widespread submachine gun favored for its size and low recoil. The weapon has a conventional submachine gun layout with the magazine housed in the pistol grip and mirrored controls to achieve a truly ambidextrous use. Its low weight and small profile can be compared to some larger pistols. Two rails for mounting sights and tactical accessories underline the weapon's utility.|
|PDW2000 9 mm|
The PDW2000 is a compact submachine gun that uses a delayed blowback operation and is chambered to fire the 9×21 mm round.
It loads from 30 round plastic magazines and can attain a rate of fire ranging from 900 up to 1100 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 420 m/s. It only accepts optical sights on its top rail and can mount attachments onto its muzzle.
The most notable feature of the PDW2000 is its almost negligible recoil (even on full auto) compared to its NATO and CSAT coutnerparts, and very light weight. The latter permits its operator to carry plenty of spare magazines. Unlike other SMGs, it can also be comfortably wielded in close quarters due to its compact size.
However in spite of all these upsides, the PDW2000 also shares many downsides as well. Being an SMG makes it virtually useless for long range firefights, as the effectiveness of its 9 mm round drops off rapidly beyond 100 m (even more so due to its short barrel length). And while impressive at first sight, its high rate of fire also means that the PDW2000 depletes a magazine very quickly which necessitates constant reloads.
- It is based on the real-world "CPW" designed by ST Kinetics of Singapore.
- Strangely enough, the PDW2000 is capable of accepting the same 16 round magazines used by both the P07 and Rook-40 handguns.
- It is capable of doing this despite the fact that the model's magwell would clearly be unable to fit such magazines, let alone feed from them.
- Although its icon depicts it with a collapsed stock, the in-game stock cannot be retracted.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- Vermin (NATO counterpart)
- Sting (CSAT counterpart)
- Protector (Gendarmerie counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
|AAF Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Submachine guns||PDW2000 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SDAR 5.56 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||PCML • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|