|«|| The PM is a Russian semi-automatic pistol, which became the Soviet Union's standard military and police side arm in 1951. Although its nominal caliber was 9.0 mm, the actual bullet was 9.22 mm in diameter, since caliber in Russia is measured between the grooves and not the lands of the rifling. Being shorter and wider, the 9 mm cartridge is thus incompatible with pistols chambered for 9×19 mm cartridges and vice-versa.|
|PM 9 mm|
The PM is a semi-automatic handgun chambered to fire the 9×21 mm round.
It loads from 10 round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 400 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 315 m/s. Unlike other handguns, the PM is unable to mount any accessories or muzzle attachments.
The PM is a relatively light weapon to carry, which enables its operator to carry additional magazines either for it or other weapons. Compact in size, it is also very easy to handle indoors for use in close quarters combat.
Its main drawbacks are its extremely low accuracy and range; both of which are poor even by the standards of most handguns. It has an unergonomic design that lacks night sights, which also makes it difficult to aim at targets from afar or when there is poor visibility due to darkness or weather conditions.
- The PM is based on its real-world counterpart of the same name.
- Unlike the real PM handgun, the in-game PM is strangely chambered to fire the ubiquitous 9×21 mm round shared by both the P07 and Rook-40 (however, its magazines are not interchangeable with either of the two).
- It appears to be based on the improved PMm from the 1990s, which was designed with a widened frame to accept double-stacked 10- and 12-round magazines of the same design as those that can be seen removed from and loaded into the in-game weapon while reloading.
- It is one of the few weapons in ArmA 3 to be called by their real-life manufacturer names in-game.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- P07 (CTRG/Light NATO/Gendarmerie counterpart)
- Rook-40 (Light CSAT counterpart)
- ACP-C2 (AAF counterpart)
- Makarov (OPFOR counterpart, ArmA 2 only)
|Syndikat - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||PM 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Apex DLC|