|Type||Light Utility Helicopter|
|Seats|| 10 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 mass
|Top speed||~ 290 km/h|
|Service ceiling||~ 4,600 m|
|Fuel capacity||800 L|
|Primary armament|| Armed only:
|Secondary armament|| Defensive:
- Utility helicopter
- Troop transport
|«|| The PO-30 Orca is a transport and utility helicopter primarily developed for the Russian Air Force. The helicopter was intended to replace the Mi-8 and can be used for reconnaissance, transporting a full squad with combat gear and special operations. Armed variants of the PO-30 carry a gatling machine gun and DAGR guided rockets.|
The PO-30 is a four-bladed, rotary-wing light helicopter with a fantail designed for both aerial reconnaissance and light transport duties.
It has two variants; an unarmed version that has no weapons (due to lacking stub wings), and an armed version that has two stub wings located on either side of the fuselage. Each of these wings have a single pylon on it that support dynamic loadouts.
By default, the armed version has both a minigun and DAGR pod mounted on its stub wings. The minigun has a single linked belt with 2,000 rounds of 6.5 mm ammunition pre-loaded, while the DAGR pod comes loaded with 12 guided rockets instead.
But in addition to its default loadout, the armed version's dual pylons can also support other types of weapons.
- The left pylon (1) supports any of the following:
- ASRAAM (1×)
- Scalpel (1×)
- DAGR (12×)
- DAR (12×)
- Twin Cannon 20 mm
- Skyfire (19×)
- In addition to the same weapons available for mounting on the left pylon (1), the right pylon (2) also supports:
- Minigun 6.5 mm
Quick and agile like the MH-9, it is similarly just as fragile due to being only lightly-armoured. Like the Mi-48, it also has a somewhat distinctive (and loud) rotor sound that can be easily identified from many kilometres away.
The main difference (and advantage) with the PO-30 over the MH-9 is that it actually has defensive avionics such as an RWR, and can deploy countermeasure flares to ward off incoming missiles whereas the MH-9 would be completely helpless against such threats.
Its ability to mount weapons ranging from anti-tank/anti-air missiles to rocket pods also makes it far superior to both of its NATO counterparts, as it can still transport passengers without having to sacrifice armament (MH-9), and is able to mount a 20 mm gun pod instead of being limited to just Gatling guns (AH-9).
Regardless of the variant, the PO-30 always has a seating capacity of ten personnel (including the crew). This consists of the pilot and co-pilot, and up to eight passengers in the rear compartment.
Baseline variant. Armed a minigun and rocket pod mounted on the end of stub wings fixed to both sides of the fuselage. It can transport up to eight passengers.
Unarmed variant. The two stub wings are removed on this version, but is otherwise completely identical function-wise to the baseline variant.
- Hex: Light tan/dark tan/dark green cell pattern camouflage.
- Black: Matte black paint scheme.
- Orca: Black and white paint scheme with livery meant to imitate an Orca whale's head.
- Blue: Simple two-tone sky blue/white paint scheme.
Designed exclusively for transporting troops, the PO-30 has only one type of sensor available:
The PO-30 does not use an active radar as it does not have any weapon systems that would require one.
Infrared Search and Track/Visual Sensor
The PO-30 does not have the ability to detect targets visually or through IRST.
Radar Warning Receiver/Passive Radar
The RWR has a 360 degree detection radius and a target recognition range of 12 km.
Laser Spot Tracker
The PO-30 does not have the ability to lock onto laser marks or infrared strobes.
The PO-30 has a maximum lifting capacity of 2000 kg and is able to slingload and transport a variety of light vehicles and equipment, including:
|Assault Boat/Rescue Boat||565|
|Hatchback (all variants)||1090|
|MB 4WD (AT)||1841|
In addition to these vehicles, the PO-30 can also lift supplies in the form of:
- Taru containers (not including its Fuel containers)
- Supply boxes
- Items in cargo nets, including the Cargo Net [CSAT], Cargo Net (Box), and Cargo Net (Barrels) pallets/crates, as well as Cargo Net (Sacks)
The PO-30's lifting abilities are comparable to that of the AAF's Hellcat helicopter, which essentially makes it rather lacklustre in every way. It cannot transport any moderately heavy vehicles, and the PO-30's engines will be greatly taxed regardless of its weight's cargo.
Note that all variants of the PO-30 (armed and unarmed) have the same maximum load capacities.
- The Orca is based off the real-world Kamov "Ka-60 Kasatka" helicopter, which was previously available in the Private Military Company DLC for ArmA 2.
- The side doors for the passenger compartment can be seen being opened in certain showcases. However, they cannot be opened manually in normal gameplay without the use of scripts.
- Orca (Orcinus orca) is the species name for killer whales, which is also known in Russian as "Kasatka". Co-incidentally, the Orca has a separate unarmed variant that uses a paint scheme with livery meant to mimic an Orca whale's head.
- As of 2017, the base variant of the Ka-60 has yet to enter into production for use by any armed forces, not even with the Russian military itself. However, a dedicated civilian variant designated as the "Ka-62" was certified for full production in 2018.
Aircraft of comparable role and configuration
- MH-9 Hummingbird (NATO counterpart)
- WY-55 Hellcat (AAF counterpart)
- M900 (Civilian/Syndikat counterpart, ArmA 3: Helicopters/ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Ka-60 (ION PMC predecessor, ArmA 2: PMC only)
- Mi-17/Mi-8 (Alternate predecessor, ArmA: CWA/ArmA 2 only)
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • T-140 Angara (T-140K) • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC|