|«|| A lightweight, air-cooled, selective fire, delayed blowback operated submachine gun with a roller-delayed bolt. The compact size, accuracy and high rate of fire of the Protector are highly regarded and the gun is used in many variants by numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence and security organizations all around the world.|
|Protector 9 mm|
The Protector is a compact submachine gun chambered to fire the 9×21 mm round that uses a delayed roller locked bolt operation.
It loads from 30 round curved box magazines and can achieve a fire rate of up to 895 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 375 m/s. The Protector accepts top and side rail accessories and can mount muzzle attachments.
In terms of performance, the Protector is relatively lackluster and is completely outclassed by every other SMG. It does not have the negligible recoil of the PDW2000 on full auto, the stopping power of the Vermin's .45 ACP round, nor the fire rate/accuracy of the Sting.
Its sole upside is that it is slightly more accurate than the PDW2000 at close ranges. But aside from that, it still has very little positive qualities that would justify it as a better option against the other SMGs in its class.
- The Protector is based on the real-world "MP5K" submachine gun designed by Heckler & Koch GmbH of Germany, but is fitted with the stock of an "MP5K-PDW" instead.
- It can load the same 30-round plastic magazines used by the Sting despite the in-game model not changing to reflect this.
- The Protector was initially unable to mount side rail accessories despite the fact that it has rails modelled onto both sides of the handguard. This was later rectified with Game Update 1.66, which finally enabled accessories to be fitted onto those rails.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- Vermin (NATO counterpart)
- Sting (CSAT counterpart)
- PDW2000 (AAF counterpart)
- MP5 (USMC counterpart, ArmA 2 only)