|Faction|| - NATO|
|Type||Light Strike Vehicle|
|Seats|| Unarmed: 7 seats:
Armed: 5 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 4000 kg
|Top speed||172 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||45 L|
|Primary armament|| Armed only:
|Secondary armament|| Armed only:
- Troop transport
|«|| The Prowler is a light strike vehicle (LSV). That means it’s agile, lightly armored and uses speed, maneuverability, and off-road mobility to avoid threats. Two configurations of Prowler exist. The armed variant is equipped with two machine guns. The front seated position carries .338 SPMG medium machine gun, while the top turret is equipped with a .50 cal heavy machine gun. With this arsenal, the Prowler is ideal for quick hit and run missions. The unarmed variant is stripped of all guns, but the back part of the vehicle is opened and has reserve seats for two additional soldiers.|
Primarily designed for use by special forces, the Prowler is a lightweight, air transportable, highly mobile platform that can be configured for a variety of missions.
It is available in two variants; a baseline unarmed version that has no weapons mounted on it, and an armed version that has both a heavy machine gun mounted on the turret ring, and a forward-facing medium machine gun fitted to front where the commander's seat is.
Prowlers can be airlifted by V-44X vehicle transports, as well via slingloading with CH-67 and UH-80 helicopters. In contrast to its CSAT counterpart, the Prowler is slightly faster and has better control on rough terrain. However, the armed Prowler has to sacrifice multiple passenger seats in exchange for possessing heavier firepower.
- Prowler: Baseline variant. It has enough seats to transport up to six passengers, one of whom sits in the (weaponless) turret ring. All passengers are capable of firing out of the vehicle, but the vehicle itself is otherwise completely unarmed.
- Prowler (Light): Virtually identical in performance and capability to the baseline vehicle. The sole difference is that this variant has both its passenger doors and rear cages removed.
- Prowler (Armed): Armed variant of the Prowler. It can only transport up to two passengers (not including the gunner and commander) and instead has a Mk30 heavy machine gun mounted externally onto the turret ring located in the centre of the vehicle. The Mk30 comes pre-loaded with a single 100-round belt box of .50 cal ammunition, and has additional belt boxes stored in reserve worth up to 200 rounds (for a total of 300 rounds).
- Meanwhile, the commander (in the front right seat) can utilise the SPMG medium machine gun. It is loaded with a 130 round belt bag of .338 NM rounds by default, and has a further 260 rounds worth of belt bags in reserve.
- Black: Pattern-less matte black paint scheme. Has very limited uses outside of operations set during the night or in areas with very low visibility.
- Olive: Standard pattern-less olive drab green paint scheme used by all NATO ground vehicles and certain aircraft. This can be universally employed in all types of terrain, but is more suited to arid and forested environments.
- Sand: Pattern-less dull sand paint scheme. Primarily designed for use in arid and desert environments.
- Dazzle: Two-tone dazzle pattern camouflage scheme used by CTRG forces. Intended for use in arid terrain, but can also be employed in tropic environments as well.
- The Prowler is based on the real-world "DAGOR", an air-droppable light off-road vehicle developed by Polaris Industries.
- It is one of the candidate designs taking part in the U.S. Army's Ground Mobility Vehicle (GMV) program.
See also Edit
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration Edit
- Qilin (CSAT/Viper counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Jackal 2 MWMIK (British Army counterpart, ArmA 2: BAF only)
|NATO - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||AMV-7 Marshall • HEMTT • Hunter • Prowler • Quadbike • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • M2A1 Slammer (M2A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AL-6 Pelican • AR-2 Darter • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • MQ-12 Falcon • UH-80 Ghost Hawk|
|Fixed-wing||A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • MQ4A Greyhawk • UCAV Sentinel • V-44X Blackfish|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||