|«|| The SPAR-16 is a standard issue assault rifle of CTRG units in the Pacific, chambered for 5.56mm ammunition. The gun is a reliable rifle compatible with a large number of accessories. Multiple variants of this rifle exist, each suitable for a different role. The SPAR-16 GL is equipped with an underslung grenade launcher, while the SPAR-16S with its thicker barrel and drum magazine works as a light support weapon.|
All variants are capable of using any of the following finishes:
- Khaki: Standard khaki green paint finish. Used by CTRG Group 15 operators.
- Sand: Desert sand/desert tan paint finish.
- Black: Matte black paint finish. Used in limited numbers by CTRG Group 14 operators.
- The SPAR-16 is based on the real-world "HK416" assault rifle designed by Heckler & Koch GmbH of Germany (more specifically it is based on the A5 variant).
- On the other hand, the underbarrel grenade launcher on the grenadier variant is based on the real-world "GLM" add-on module (which is also designed by Heckler & Koch).
- The SPAR-16S is currently the only weapon in ArmA 3 that feeds from a Beta-C drum magazine. In previous titles, only the MG36 and XM8 SAW from ArmA 2 could utilise the same Beta-C drums.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- MX (NATO counterpart)
- Katiba (Mediterranean CSAT counterpart)
- CAR-95 (Pacific CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)