|«|| The SPAR-16 is a standard issue assault rifle of CTRG units in the Pacific, chambered for 5.56mm ammunition. The gun is a reliable rifle compatible with a large number of accessories. Multiple variants of this rifle exist, each suitable for a different role. The SPAR-16 GL is equipped with an underslung grenade launcher, while the SPAR-16S with its thicker barrel and drum magazine works as a light support weapon.|
The SPAR-16 series is a family of assault rifles wielded by CTRG operators, NATO recon troops, as well as in limited numbers with Altian government loyalists in ArmA 3. It was added with the release of the Apex DLC.
All variants are capable of using any of the following finishes:
- Khaki: Standard khaki green paint finish. Used by CTRG Group 15 operators.
- Sand: Desert sand/desert tan paint finish.
- Black: Matte black paint finish. Used in limited numbers by CTRG Group 14 operators.
- The SPAR-16 is based on the "HK416 A5" designed by German firearms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH.
- On the other hand, the underbarrel grenade launcher on the grenadier variant is based on the real-world "GLM" add-on module (which is also designed by Heckler & Koch).
- The SPAR-16S is currently the only weapon in ArmA 3 that feeds from a Beta-C drum magazine. In previous titles, only the MG36 and XM8 Automatic Rifle from ArmA 2 could utilise the same Beta-C drums.
- Like many of the weapons included in the Apex DLC, the SPAR-16 series were initially CTRG/NATO-exclusive. The release of the DLC's first mini-campaign, Beyond Hope, showed all variants of the rifle family aside from the SPAR-16S also in use with Altian government loyalist forces (covertly supplied to them by CTRG).
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- MX (NATO counterpart)
- Katiba (Mediterranean CSAT counterpart)
- CAR-95 (Pacific CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- G36 (KSK counterpart, ArmA 2: OA only)
|NATO - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 • PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|
|Government Loyalists - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm • Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL) • TRG-21 5.56 mm (TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM)|
|Designated marksmen rifles||Mk14 7.62 mm • Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm • Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||RPG-7 • RPG-42|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC|