|«|| The SPAR-16 is a standard issue assault rifle of CTRG units in the Pacific, chambered for 5.56mm ammunition. The gun is a reliable rifle compatible with a large number of accessories. Multiple variants of this rifle exist, each suitable for a different role. The SPAR-16 GL is equipped with an underslung grenade launcher, while the SPAR-16S with its thicker barrel and drum magazine works as a light support weapon.|
All variants are capable of using any of the following finishes:
- Khaki: Standard khaki green paint finish. Used by CTRG Group 15 operators.
- Sand: Desert sand/desert tan paint finish.
- Black: Matte black paint finish. Used in limited numbers by CTRG Group 14 operators.
- The SPAR-16 is based on the real-world "HK416" assault rifle designed by Heckler & Koch GmbH of Germany (more specifically it is based on the A5 variant).
- On the other hand, the underbarrel grenade launcher on the grenadier variant is based on the real-world "GLM" add-on module (which is also designed by Heckler & Koch).
- The SPAR-16S is currently the only weapon in ArmA 3 that feeds from a Beta-C drum magazine. In previous titles, only the MG36 and XM8 Automatic Rifle from ArmA 2 could utilise the same Beta-C drums.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- MX (NATO counterpart)
- Katiba (Mediterranean CSAT counterpart)
- CAR-95 (Pacific CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
|NATO Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC|