|Type||UAV / UCAV|
|Top speed||~ 890 km/h|
|Service ceiling||~ 11,900 m|
|Fuel capacity||350 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Targeting:
With a top speed of 890 km/h (247 m/s), the UCAV Sentinel is currently the fastest unmanned aircraft in the game.
- Laser targeting
- Close air support
|«|| The Sentinel is a fifth-generation, state of the line, twin-engine, all-weather tactical Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV). The Sentinel was designed primarily as a reconnaissance platform, but can also perform precision ground attacks. It typically operates from an aircraft carrier.|
The Sentinel is a tailless, jet-powered stealth drone that uses a blended-wing-body airframe. It is designed primarily to be used for both ground attack and close air support roles.
It uses an internal weapons bay that has two pylons that support dynamic loadouts, and each pylon (1-2) can be fitted with either one of the following air-to-ground munitions:
- Macer II (2×)
- GBU-12 (1×)
- CBU-85 (1x)
- BL778 (1x)
An integrated laser designator is available and can be used for self-designation in order to guide its own munitions, or be used to mark targets for friendly forces.
It has a tailhook to assist in performing carrier take offs and landings, and can also have its wings folded to allow for easier storage and transportation aboard carriers.
- Dark Grey: Pattern-less scheme that uses a dark ghost grey paint colour.
- Dark Grey (Camo): Two-tone dark grey/ghost grey paint scheme designed for low observability.
The Sentinel has an array of sensors designed to allow it operate in ground attack missions:
Active Radar Edit
It has an active radar range of 8 km against aerial targets and 6 km against ground targets. Coverage extends to an azimuth and elevation range of 60 degrees.
The radar has a minimum operating range of 500 m, while identity recognition locks in at 6 km out from a target.
Infrared Search and Track/Visual Sensor Edit
IRST detection extends out to a maximum range of 4 km against aerial targets and 3 km against ground targets. Targets can be recognised within a range of 4 km.
Visual detection extends out to 3.5 km for aerial targets and 3 km for ground targets. Identity recognition only registers within a range of 3 km.
Both sensors have a minimum operating range of 500 m, while azimuth coverage has a radius of 51 degrees and an elevation of 37 degrees.
Radar Warning Receiver/Passive Radar Edit
The RWR has a 360 degree detection radius and a target recognition range of 12 km.
Laser Spot Tracker Edit
Laser markers and infrared strobes can be tracked within a range of 6 km. It has an acquisition cone of 180 degrees.
- The Sentinel is based on the "X-47B" UAV which was developed by Northrop Grumman for the U.S. Navy's now-cancelled Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Surveillance and Strike (UCLASS) program.
- It also bears a resemblance to the X-47B's successor, the "MQ-25A Stingray", which incidentally is also developed by Northrop Grumman for the U.S. Navy's follow-on program to succeed UCLASS, the Unmanned Carrier Aviation Air System (UCAAS).
- The Sentinel is currently the only fixed-wing jet in ArmA 3 that uses a full blended-wing-body airframe.
- The Sentinel's weapon bays are significantly larger than any air-to-ground weapons currently implemented. Despite this size, a rack of two Macer II missiles will visibly clip outside the bay doors.
Aircraft of comparable role and configuration Edit
- MQ4A Greyhawk (Light NATO/Heavy CSAT/AAF counterpart)
- KH-3A Fenghuang (Light CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
|NATO - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||AMV-7 Marshall • HEMTT • Hunter • Prowler • Quadbike • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||CRV-6e Bobcat • IFV-6a Cheetah • IFV-6c Panther • M2A1 Slammer (M2A4 UP) • M4 Scorcher • M5 Sandstorm|
|Rotor-wing||AH-9 Pawnee • AH-99 Blackfoot • AL-6 Pelican • AR-2 Darter • CH-67 Huron • MH-9 Hummingbird • MQ-12 Falcon • UH-80 Ghost Hawk • V-44X Blackfish|
|Fixed-wing||A-164 Wipeout • F/A-181 Black Wasp II • MQ4A Greyhawk • UCAV Sentinel|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||