|«|| The Sting is a 9x21 mm submachine gun. The weapon is designed to be used by security forces, vehicle crews and special forces. Due to its small size, accuracy, ambidextrous use and rate of fire, it became a popular SMG around the world.|
|Sting 9 mm|
The Sting is a selective-fire, blowback-operated submachine gun that is chambered to fire the the 9×21 mm round.
It loads from 30 round translucent box magazines, and can attain a fire rate of up to 1,100 rounds per minute with a muzzle velocity of 370 m/s. The Sting can fit accessories onto its top and side rails and can also mount muzzle attachments.
Handling-wise, the Sting is a very stable SMG platform. Like all the other submachine guns, the Sting has a very high rate of fire and low recoil, but also low damage and range. Its recoil is simple to manage in all fire modes and is the most accurate SMG (even compared to the Vermin), allowing the operator to lay down a hail of precision fire at short-medium ranges.
Though it primarily serves as the standard-issue weapon of CSAT pilots, it is very light and doesn't take up much space in a backpack which makes it ideal for use as a backup weapon for other roles. However, it is only recommended as a primary weapon in extreme close quarter scenarios or when using a sniper rifle due to its inherent drawbacks of being an SMG.
- The Sting is based on the "Scorpion Evo 3" (more specifically the A1 variant) designed by Česká Zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZ).
- The model itself appears to be an upgraded port of the Scorpion SMG from the Army of the Czech Republic DLC.
- During the pre-Alpha phase of ArmA 3's development, the Sting initially served as a placeholder weapon for the SDAR and could fire while underwater.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- Vermin (NATO counterpart)
- PDW2000 (AAF counterpart)
- Protector (Gendarmerie counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 (ACR predecessor, ArmA 2: ACR only)
|CSAT - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|