|«|| The Sting is a 9x21 mm submachine gun. The weapon is designed to be used by security forces, vehicle crews and special forces. Due to its small size, accuracy, ambidextrous use and rate of fire, it became a popular SMG around the world.|
|Sting 9 mm|
The Sting is a selective-fire, blowback-operated submachine gun that is chambered to fire the the 9×21 mm round.
It loads from 30 round translucent box magazines, and can attain a fire rate of up to 1,100 rounds per minute with a muzzle velocity of 370 m/s. The Sting can fit accessories onto its top and side rails and can also mount muzzle attachments.
Handling-wise, the Sting is a stable and easy-to-use weapon. Like all the other SMGs, the Sting has a very high rate of fire and low recoil, with its only drawback being low damage output and range due to being chambered to fire the 9 mm cartridge.
Its recoil is quite simple to manage in all fire modes, and is the most accurate SMG even when compared to the NATO Vermin, allowing the user to lay down a hail of precision fire at short-medium ranges (200 metres and less).
Though it's intended to be only utilised by vehicle crewmen and pilots, its light weight means that it doesn't occupy much space in a backpack. This makes it ideal to carry as a backup weapon for other roles like snipers. In all other cases however, it's only recommended as a primary weapon for close quarters due to the inherent drawbacks of it being an SMG.
- The Sting is based on the "Scorpion Evo 3" (more specifically the A1 variant) designed by Česká Zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZ).
- The model itself appears to be an upgraded port of the Scorpion SMG from the Army of the Czech Republic DLC.
- During the pre-Alpha phase of ArmA 3's development, the Sting initially served as a placeholder weapon for the SDAR and could fire while underwater. It was also classified as a NATO weapon prior to the Vermin's inclusion.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- Vermin (NATO counterpart)
- PDW2000 (AAF counterpart)
- Protector (Gendarmerie counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 (ACR predecessor, ArmA 2: ACR only)
|CSAT - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba series (Katiba, Katiba GL, Katiba Carbine) • SDAR • Type 115 6.5 mm|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|