|Faction|| - AAF|
|Type||Diver Propulsion Vehicle|
|Seats|| 4 seats:
|Top speed|| 23 km/h (surface)
18 km/h (submerged)
|Fuel capacity||100 L|
|Secondary armament|| Targeting:
- Underwater transport
- Laser targeting
|«|| The SDV is a manned submersible vehicle used to transport teams of divers over long distances under water. Its construction is based on the SEALs Delivery Vehicle from the early 21st century, but the engine and maneuverability have been increased rapidly. Divers drive the SDV while exposed to water and breathing from the vehicle's compressed air supply or using their own SCUBA gear. The SDV can take up to four passengers, but can be operated by just one person. It also contains a small compartment to store additional equipment.|
The SDV is a small, four-man submersible vehicle designed to carry up to four divers. It is used to transport divers over long distances and for infiltrating into areas while underwater.
It has the capability to travel 23 m/s on the surface of the water, and 18 m/s when submerged. The SDV is outfitted with a periscope that can see in the visible spectrum, night vision, black-hot infrared, and white-hot infrared, and is equipped with a laser designator. When submerged, it can become nearly undetectable.
It can also be airlifted by a Huron for faster movement and for access to and from lakes.
The SDV has a passenger capacity of four who sit in tandem seats. Only the front two have access to the submersible's controls; the left side passenger "drives" the SDV itself, while the right side passenger acts as the commander and controls the periscope/laser designator.
All faction variants have access to the same camouflage options:
- Dazzle: Pattern-less dark grey paint scheme used by the NATO variant.
- Hex: Light/dark grey/tan cell pattern camouflage used by CSAT maritime vessels and divers.
- Digital Grey: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern used by several other AAF aircraft and boats.
- As mentioned in the Field Manual, the SDV is based on the real-life "Mark 8 Mod 1 SEAL Delivery Vehicle" used by the U.S. Navy and the Royal Navy.
- It is currently the only vehicle of its type that is available in ArmA 3, and it is also the first underwater submersible in the entire series.