|Type||Main Battle Tank|
|Seats|| 3 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||71 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||1885 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Secondary:
- Direct fire and maneuver
|«|| A modernized version of the Russian T-95 MBT. The ongoing development of the new generation battle tank was restarted in 2016 thanks to revenues from the oil crisis. The new concept of battle tank is lower, lighter with increased maneuverability. The crew was moved from the turret to a more armored body of the tank resulting in increased survivability. The T-100 Varsuk comes with a standard 125 mm cannon.|
The T-100 is armed with a smoothbore 125 mm cannon that can fire a mixture of armour-piercing and high-explosive shells. In addition, it has a coaxial 7.62 mm medium machine gun that can be used against enemy infantry in lieu of the main gun. An externally mounted RWS armed with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun is also fitted to the turret, and can be used by the tank's commander to engage both soft targets and low-flying aircraft.
The standard loadout of the T-100 gives it 24 rounds of armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (APFSDS-T), 12 high-explosive (HE-T), and 12 high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT-T) shells for the main gun. The coaxial machine gun comes loaded with one linked belt of 2,000 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition, and a spare belt of another 2,000 rounds. Lastly, the externally mounted heavy machine gun comes pre-loaded with a single 450 round belt box of 12.7 mm ammunition, and has another box of 450 rounds left in reserve.
The T-100 is the fastest MBT currently available to CSAT (and compared to the other two MBT designs as well). It can perform pinpoint turns with ease and accelerates rapidly on both paved roads and while off-road. Having the smallest and flattest profile also gives it the ability to maintain a hull-down position easily. Combined with its high mobility, this makes the T-100 a difficult target to hit while it remains on the move; particularly in built-up areas where a skilled crew can easily dash from cover to cover and fire off multiple shots on the enemy without being hit even once.
Consequently however, the T-100 sacrifices protection for manoeuvrability and has the least base armour of the three MBT designs. The engine is also more vulnerable to being taken out from a first strike since it is not protected by being placed in the front armour like its NATO counterpart, nor does it have slat armour cages providing cover like its AAF counterpart. The T-100 also has a weak spot located directly in-between the turret and chassis that can instantly render the tank immobilised if it is hit from the side.
The T-100 has a seating capacity of three personnel for a crew consisting of the driver, gunner and commander.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern. Useful for forested, grass plains, and desert environments.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam pattern camouflage. This is used in heavily forested and tropic environments.
- As stated in the Field Manual, the Varsuk is inspired by the real-world "T-95" main battle tank designed by Uralvagonzavod.
- However, both the Varsuk's turret and chassis bear a stronger resemblance to the "Black Eagle" tank, another cancelled concept MBT that was then-designed by Omsktransmash.
- Screenshots released during the pre-Alpha phase of ArmA 3's development showed that the Varsuk was originally meant to have been fitted with a semi hexagon-shaped coilgun cannon instead. This was replaced with a simple smoothbore cannon in the final version of the game.
- In Russian, Barsuk/Varsuk (барсук) translates into "Badger".
See also Edit
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration Edit
- M2A1 Slammer (NATO counterpart)
- MBT-52 Kuma (AAF counterpart)
- T-90 (Russian Armed Forces predecessor, ArmA 2 only)
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||