|«|| UK Vz.59, Universal Machinegun model of 1959, also known as "Rachot", was developed in Czechoslovakia in mid to late 1950s. UK 59 is a true universal machine gun, chambered for powerful (but obsolete) rifle cartridge, Russian 7.62x54mm R. Gun can be reconfigured from light to medium configuration, with replacement of the barrel and mounting or dismounting it onto / from vehicle or tripod.|
|UK-59 7.62 mm|
|Type||General-Purpose Machine Gun|
The UK-59 is a belt-fed, gas operated medium machine gun with a tilting breechlock that is chambered to fire the 7.62×54 mm cartridge.
It loads from the same 100 round belts stored in metal boxes used by the PKM, is able to attain a fire rate of up to 667 rounds per minute, and has a muzzle velocity of 850 m/s. The UK-59 has an integrated (non-functional) bipod, but does not come in any variant that has either optical sights, muzzle attachments, or side rail accessories mounted. It has a maximum zeroing range of up to 800 metres.
The standard issue service machine gun of the Czech armed forces, it is a fairly powerful MMG due to using the same 7.62 mm round used by the PKM, and is effective at distances of between 800 and up to 1,000 metres.
However in terms of actual performance, the UK-59 is completely identical to the PKM; from accuracy to recoil and even down to carrying weight, with its only difference being that it can't be zeroed to 1,000 metres like the PKM (which is actually a drawback). As a result, the UK-59 shares the same flaws of the PKM and has almost none of its advantages, which makes it a comparatively inferior weapon to not only the PKM itself, but every other GPMG as well.
- The UK-59 erroneously shares the same stats as the PKM. In reality, the actual "Uk vz. 59" that the in-game UK-59 is based on handles very differently compared to the PKM.
- However, it is likely that because both weapons share a similar internal design (the PKM's operating system is similar to the AK series of rifles while the Uk vz. 59's is based on that of the vz. 58's), the UK-59 was simply configured in this way to reflect both weapons' similarities in real-life.
See also Edit
Weapons of comparable role and configuration Edit
- M60E4 (Alternate ACR counterpart, ArmA 2: OA only)
- M240 (U.S. Army/USMC counterpart)
- L7A2 GPMG (British Army counterpart, ArmA 2: BAF only)
- PKP (Modern Russian Armed Forces counterpart)
- PKM (Outdated ChDKZ/Takistani Army counterpart)
|ACR - Armory (ArmA 2)|
|Handguns||CZ 75 9 mm • G17 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 9 mm|
|Assault rifles||CZ 805 BREN 5.56 mm (CZ 805 G1) • M4A3 5.56 mm (M4A3 M203) • Sa-58 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||CZ 750 S1 M1 .308 • SVD Dragunov 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||M249 Para 5.56 mm|
|Machineguns||M60E4 7.62 mm • UK-59 7.62 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS • RPG-7V|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Operation Arrowhead | Army of the Czech Republic|