|Faction|| - Civilians|
|Type||Van / Minibus Hybrid|
|Seats|| All variants: 2 seats:
Transport variant: 12 seats:
Ambulance variant: 6 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 mass
|Top speed||~ 146 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||45 L|
|Variants||Transport, Ambulance, Services, Cargo|
The Van is a commercial minibus hybrid vehicle primarily used by the Tanoan Gendarmerie, IDAP aid workers, Altian and Tanoan civilians, and also in limited numbers by both the FIA and Syndikat in ArmA 3. It was added with the release of the Laws of War DLC.
- Civilian transportation
- Freight transport
- Law enforcement
- Ground vehicle repair
- Medical support
|«|| The standard van can be used for a huge variety of practical purposes. This particular model features a long load length and excellent roof height, allowing for the transport of passengers, cargo, or even some smaller vehicles. Several aftermarket exterior components, such as a ladder, protective guards and a roof rack, can be fitted where appropriate. Specialized variants are used for emergency healthcare, patient evacuation and various utility services.|
The Van is a civilian multipurpose vehicle designed for a variety of roles ranging from transporting freight and/or personnel, repairing ground vehicles, or transporting injured patients to hospitals.
It is available in up to four variants; the standard passenger transport variant, an ambulance, a freight transporter, and a repair variant.
All variants of the Van are able to achieve a top speed of 146 km/h. They have fairly decent acceleration and can reach speeds of up to 100 km/h in less than 12 seconds (while driving on paved roads).
However, the Van has rather poor handling due to both its bulky size and ungainly design. Regardless of the terrain, it is unable to perform pinpoint turns, or even regular turns easily, and requires plenty of room to manoeuvre. In addition, due to being a civilian vehicle the Van obviously lacks any kind of armour plating.
Passenger capacity depends on the variant, but all of them will support at least a single passenger who sits in the front with the driver.
Baseline variant with no additional features other than the ability to carry passengers in the rear passenger section.
Can carry up to twelve passengers. Both the rear two and right side passenger spaces are FFV-capable.
Medical support/transport variant. It has enough space to carry two stretchers and two attendants.
Unlike the baseline transport, no passenger seats have FFV-capability and the right side door cannot be opened.
Carries spare parts, tools, and components for use in repairing nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Is only able to carry the driver and a single passenger.
Can carry supplies and freight in the rear section. Visually and functionally identical to the Services variant with the slight exception of a few missing components.
Visually identical to the Services variant but has a police lightbar on top, unique paintjob, and can transport passengers in the rear section like the baseline Transport.
- AAN World News: Single tone deep red paint scheme used by AAN media crews. Has additional livery in the form of AAN logos and signage written on the vehicle's body.
- Battle Bus: Paint scheme designed to mimic the Hexacam camouflage pattern used by CSAT ground vehicles and aircraft. Has additional livery in the form of ArmA 3 logos.
- Inspired by the paintjob used on Bohemia Interactive's company vehicles.
- Blue: Pattern-less blue paint scheme.
- Brown (Syndikat): Pattern-less mud brown paint scheme. Used by Syndikat-operated variants.
- Candy: White paint scheme with a black stripe. Unlike other options, this scheme removes all opacity from the vehicle's windows and makes them completely transparent.
- Green: Pattern-less green paint scheme.
- Guerrilla (01-03): Multiple tone paint scheme with a variety of line and stroke patterns. Used by FIA-operated variants.
- Guerrilla 02 (Unfinished): Unique variant of the Guerrilla 02 paint scheme that has its windows completely covered in newspapers. It has a small gap in the front windshield that the driver can see through.
- IDAP: Flat white paint scheme with additional livery in the form of IDAP logos and signage. Used exclusively by IDAP aid workers.
- Masked: Two-tone triangle dazzle pattern.
- Orange: Pattern-less bright orange paint scheme.
- Red: Pattern-less red paint scheme.
- Black: Pattern-less chrome black paint scheme.
- White: Pattern-less flat white paint scheme.
- Civilian Ambulance: Yellow/orange paint scheme with ambulance livery and signage. Used by civilian emergency services.
- IDAP Ambulance: Flat white paint scheme with additional livery in the form of IDAP logos and signage. Used exclusively by IDAP medical workers.
- Blue Pearl: Light blue/flat white paint scheme with Blue Pearl signage written on both sides of the vehicle.
- Daltgreen: Two-tone green/flat white paint scheme. Used by the Daltgreen Mining & Exploration Ltd. company.
- Fuel: Custom paint scheme with a green body and bright yellow stripes. Used by the Altis-based Fuel company.
- Island Port Authority: Canary yellow paint scheme used by civilian repair services. Has additional livery in the form of ISLAND PORT AUTHORITY lettering written on both sides of the vehicle, and black/bright green coloured stripes.
- Redstone: Custom paint scheme with a racing line stripe and a dark grey/dark red body. Advertises the Redstone auto/racing company.
- Swifd: Light purple paint scheme with yellow stripes and SWIFD signage on both sides of the body. Used by the SWIFD International Courier Service company.
- Vrana: Black/red paint scheme with a small Vrana logo emblazoned on both sides of the body. Used by Vrana Corporation-owned Vans only.
- Gendarmerie: Single tone paint scheme with a white stripe and GENDARMERIE signage. Used by the Gendarmerie.
It should be noted that with the exception of the ones already listed (respectively) both the Services and Cargo variants share the same texture options as the baseline Transport variant, and with each other. Likewise, the Gendarmerie Van also has the same camouflage options as the regular Transport and Cargo variants.
However, the Transport variant does not have access to the same textures as the Service/Cargo variants, while the Ambulance variant only has access to two specific options.
- The Van is based on the "Sprinter" series of commercial vehicles manufactured by Germany-based automotive company Mercedes-Benz, a subsidiary of Daimler AG.
- Unlike most civilian vehicles in ArmA 3, both the right side door and the rear swing doors in the passenger compartment can be manually opened and closed by passengers.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
|FIA - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Offroad • Quadbike • Truck • Van|
|Laws of War DLC|
|Syndikat - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||MB 4WD • Truck • Van|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • RHIB|
|Apex DLC | Laws of War DLC|