|Type||Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Vehicle|
|Seats|| 3 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||91 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||1885 L|
|Primary armament|| Main:
|Secondary armament|| Secondary:
Along with the BTR-K Kamysh, the Tigris is tied as being one of the fastest tracked vehicles in ArmA 3, with a top speed of 91 km/h.
- Low altitude anti-aircraft defence
|«|| The infantry fighting vehicle BTR-K Kamysh and its anti-aircraft cousin ZSU-39 Tigris share the same vehicle platform. Developed by Russia with a pinch of undeniable inspiration from Israeli IFVs, they serve in the OPFOR army as a prime example of a leveling of the technology field with the West. The Tigris is fitted with a 35mm autocannon and 4 Titan AA missiles.|
The ZSU-39 is a dedicated anti-aircraft variant of its IFV parent that is fitted with a turret armed with dual 35 mm cannons and four surface-to-air missiles instead. Though its main armament is intended for use against aircraft, it can also be utilised against ground targets if necessary, with devastating results against infantry in particular due to both the high fire rate of the cannons and their shells being high-explosive.
The standard loadout of the ZSU-39 gives it a total of 680 high-explosive (HE-T) rounds for the twin autocannons, while the launcher pods mounted on both sides of the turret each have 2 infrared-guided Titan surface-to-air missiles stored in them, forming a total of 4.
Because the ZSU-39 shares the same chassis with the BTR-K, it has the same high mobility and sharp handling along with being relatively well protected against small arms fire. It cannot however, transport any passengers and lacks the ability to adequately defend itself against ground targets.
The ZSU-39 has a seating capacity of three personnel for a crew consisting of the driver, gunner and commander.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern. Useful for forested, grass plains, and desert environments.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam pattern camouflage. This is used in heavily forested and tropic environments.
The ZSU-39 is outfitted with a dual-band radar dish mounted on the top of its turret optimised for anti-aircraft purposes:
Active Radar Edit
It has an active radar that can detect aerial targets at distances of up to 9 km and ground targets at 6 km. The radar has a full horizontal coverage of 360 degrees, but vertical coverage is limited to just 100 degrees.
Target identity recognition only registers in at ranges of 5 km or less.
Data Link Edit
The ZSU-39 is data link-capable, and can transmit the locations of radar contacts to all friendly forces within 16 km range.
- Like the Kamysh, the chassis of the Tigris is likely to have been based on a combination of two real-world tracked vehicles; the "BMPT" and the "BTR-T" IFVs.
- The gun turret itself however, is a shared design that is also used by the IFV-6a. It is based on the real-world "Marksman" anti-aircraft gun system.
- The ZSU acronym (Russian: Zenitnaia Samokhodnaia Ustanovka) is a designation used for Russian gun-based, self-propelled Anti-Aircraft vehicles.
- However, as with its parent vehicle the Kamysh, the Tigris' designation is somewhat of a misnomer since ZSU vehicles typically follow a very specific naming convention.
- An example of this would be the real-world "ZSU-23-4 Shilka"; ZSU designates that it is a SPAAG, followed by its calibre being 23mm (-23), and finally that the system has 4 cannons (-4).
- As a result, the Tigris' name would suggest that it fires 39mm shells despite the in-game cannons actually being chambered to fire 35mm shells. Therefore the correct designation for it would actually be ZSU-35-2 Tigris.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration Edit
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||