|Faction|| - CSAT|
|Seats|| All variants: 3 seats:
Transport variants: 17 seats:
Medical variant: 16 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 3000 kg
|Top speed||82 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||350 L|
|Variants||Ammo, Fuel, Medical, Repair, Transport, Transport (Covered), Water|
- Troop transport
- Ground vehicle repair
- Vehicle munitions rearmament
- Medical support
- Mobile water station
|«|| The Zamak heavy truck is a 6x6 vehicle used for transport, repair and utility. Fitted with a powerful V8 engine, these trucks are reliable even in harsh conditions.|
The Zamak is a medium-sized 6x6, general utility truck that can transport and heal troops, or repair and refuel military vehicles although it can also be used for civil purposes as well.
There are a total of six more variants of the Zamak (not including the baseline troop transport variant). These are a fuel tanker, medical transport, vehicle repair, munitions carrier, and a tanker carrying a water cistern. With the exception of the munitions carrier, civilian versions of each military variant also exist.
Relatively compact in size compared to its NATO and larger counterparts, it has the smallest profile of the three logistical trucks currently available. While not as fast as the Tempest, the Zamak has better handling and acceleration while driving on paved roads, and requires little space to perform tight turns on corners.
But just like the HEMTT and Tempest families of trucks, the Zamak is completely unarmed and cannot defend itself from enemy fire. Coupled with being the least armoured of the three truck designs (even the cab provides essentially no protection against small arms fire), it is vital that Zamaks be given cover by friendly forces or at least be escorted by a convoy when going near the front line.
Passenger capacity depends on the variant, but all of them will support a crew of at least three that includes both the driver and two passengers in the front cab.
- Zamak Transport: Baseline variant. It has an extended, open-top flatbed fitted behind the cab that can transport up to fourteen passengers. The rear two positions are FFV-enabled. There is also a civilian counterpart to this variant that has the exact same functionality but uses a different paint job.
- Zamak Transport (Covered): Troop transport. Identical feature-wise to the baseline variant; the sole difference is that the flatbed section is covered with a tarpaulin that can hide troops from view (note that the tarpaulin does not provide ballistic protection). Also has a civilian/IDAP counterpart to this variant that has the exact same functionality but uses a different paint job.
- Zamak Repair: Uses a sealed cargo compartment that has spare parts, tools, and components for use in repairing nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Has only three seats in the cab and cannot transport any other passengers. There is also a civilian counterpart to this variant that has the exact same functionality but uses a different paint job.
- Zamak Ammo: Has a sealed cargo compartment fitted behind the cab that carries ammunition. It can re-arm nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Contains the same amount of seats as the Repair variant and is visually identical as well.
- Zamak Fuel: Has a large fuel cistern fitted to the rear of the cab. It can refuel nearby land vehicles and grounded aircraft. Contains the same amount of seats as the Repair variant. Also has a civilian counterpart to this variant that has the exact same functionality but uses a different paint job.
- Zamak Medical: Medical support/transport variant. Its benches and litters have enough space for up to thirteen wounded soldiers (not including the cab driver/passengers). Unlike the regular transport variants, the two rear passenger seats do not have FFV-capability.
- Zamak Water: Has a large water cistern fitted to the rear of the cab. Purely designed for humanitarian purposes, it has no other unique features other than having a custom IDAP paint scheme.
All six variants have access to the same camouflage and paint scheme options:
- Hex: Following a light tan/dark tan/dark green cell pattern camouflage, this is used in forested, grass plains, and desert environments.
- Digital Green: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern used by all AAF vehicles and aircraft. Suited to forested and grassy environments, but otherwise useless in arid and desert terrain.
- Orange & Blue: Pattern-less two-tone paint scheme with the cab painted in red orange and the rear cargo bed blue. Used on civilian variants.
- Orange & Olive: Pattern-less two-tone paint scheme with the cab painted in red orange and the rear cargo bed olive green. Used on civilian variants.
- Blue: Pattern-less blue paint scheme. Used on civilian variants.
- Blue & Olive: Pattern-less two-tone paint scheme with the cab painted in blue and the rear cargo bed olive green. Used on civilian variants.
- IDAP: Flat white paint scheme with additional livery in the form of IDAP logos and signage. Used exclusively by IDAP aid workers.
- Zamak is simply Kamaz spelt backwards, which is the name of the company that designs the real-life "KamAZ-4310" family of trucks that the Zamak is based on.
- Unused strings leftover in the game files indicate that an MLRS version of the Zamak was planned to have been added with the release of the campaign's Win episode. It would have been used by the AAF and was called the Zamak LRS (String name: str_a3_cfgvehicles_i_truck_02_mlrs_f0).
- The Zamak uses a (slightly updated) port of the "Kamaz" truck model which was used by the Russian Armed Forces in ArmA 2.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration Edit
|AAF - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Strider • AFV-4 Gorgon • Quadbike • UGV Stomper|
|Tracked||FV-720 Mora • MBT-52 Kuma|
|Rotor-wing||AR-2 Darter • AL-6 Pelican • CH-49 Mohawk • WY-55 Hellcat|
|Fixed-wing||A-143 Buzzard • A-149 Gryphon • K40 Abalil-3|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC ||